Twenty Five

~
Alexis
~

"I'm gonna fucking kill him."

"Lexi, no," Billie says and puts her hand on my arm. "Murder isn't the answer."

"We can agree to disagree on that one, babe," I reply and stand up from the bed with determination. "I'm seriously gonna fucking kill him."

I got back to our hotel room with breakfast to find Billie looking distraught on the bed, her eyes red from crying. She told me in tears about how Devon is blackmailing her to stay on the tour, and my heart broke because I should be able to protect her from things like this, but I don't know how.

"If you beat him up he's just gonna get mad and tell the media, which is what I'm trying to avoid," Billie insists.

"Yeah but if I kill him he can't tell anyone anything," I point out but she just shakes her head 'no' as I run my fingers through my hair in frustration. "So we just let him get away with it?" I ask angrily and she sighs.

"Look, maybe it won't be so bad. We can just ignore him, all he wants is the job. Right?"

I scoff. "Billie, I love you, but you're playing dumb if you really think that. He doesn't want the job, he wants you. The job is just his way in," I say while shaking my head in anger. "I'm gonna kill him," I repeat and Billie grabs my hand, giving it a tight squeeze in an attempt to chill out.

She laces our fingers together and squeezes my hand back, her apologetic eyes meeting mine.

"Okay and then your ass will go to jail and we'll both be miserable, great plan," she says I groan while slumping back on the bed. "Don't let him being around get under your skin. That's what he wants," Billie says softly while swinging her leg over my body to straddle my hips. "Just ignore him."

"Billie, that mother fucker is blackmailing you. That shit won't fly with me, I'm not just gonna roll over while he's messing with my girl," I insist and Billie looks down at me with a sigh.

"As much as I love hearing you say my girl, this is my shit, and I'm asking you to stay out of it."

"Your shit is my shit. That's how relationships work, baby," I remind her and rest my hands on her hips, rubbing them absentmindedly.

She moves her hands to my shoulders and rubs them comfortingly, which makes me let out a breath and close my eyes for a moment, trying to calm myself down.

"I want Devon to get his ass beat too, but it's just gonna make him mad. And if he gets mad, he's gonna run to the press and tell them everything. And he could press charges against you, and of you don't get your ass arrested you'll at very least you'd be kicked off the tour."

I huff and look away from her stubbornly, "Quit being reasonable and let me shiv the guy, damn it," I grumble and Billie reaches down to cup my cheeks and make me look at her.

"I love it when you talk all prison," she jokes and I laugh while moving my hand up to loop my finger into one of her chains that's dangling in front of me from around her neck.

"Oh yeah? I'll trade you ramen for some snow," I joke back and pull her down by the chain for a kiss before she can reply, unable to resist her lips being right in front of me any longer.