Chapter 13: Heartbreak

Luigi walked back to work the next morning to see that Bowser wasn't in yet. "I wonder where he could be"? Luigi thought that he was probably trying to swoon Peach once again. He ran into Dasiy as he was searching for him. "Hey Luigi what's going on"? "Oh hi Daisy, I didn't see Bowser so I was looking for him". "Oh I saw him not so long ago, he was doing his usual trying to sweet talk Peach all day. He looked kinda messy". "Messy...how so"? "Well, he looked like he legit didn't get much sleep last night and fell asleep on the wrong side of the bed". "That doesn't sound good". "It doesn't, hopefully, he doesn't do anything stupid". Daisy went back to her work and Luigi went to look for Bowser more.

He made it to the top floor and heard a faint altercation. "I don't understand". Luigi knew that was Bowser's voice. And quickly followed it to the source. He saw Bowser arguing with Peach. "Bowser I had enough of you harassment already, just leave me alone", Peach yelled. He noticed a couple of patients were also peaking to see what was going on. Luigi saw on his face that he was angry and desperate. "Why not me, what's wrong with me that you don't like, I'll do whatever it is, is it my hair do you not like red. Is it my eyes they have contacts that can change the color". "I'm leaving". Peach was about to walk away and Bowser gripped her very hard on her arm Peach flinched in pain. "Why won't you like me Bowser yelled". Peach had it and slapped Bowser extremely hard that you'd probably hear it through the basement of the hospital. Bowser let got and had a blank expression. Patient gasped and stared at him in disgust. "I...I don't", Bowser mumbled. "I'll never date such hideous disgusting creature". She walked off, but Luigi could see that she was going to start crying. Bowser turned around and noticed Luigi watching. He ignored him and walked into his office. Luigi followed him in and Bowser stood around his office. "You know she's not going to love you after that", Luigi said. Bowser said nothing. "She tells you over and over to leave her alone and you keep on going for her. There's no point to loving someone who obviously doesn't love you back. You have done nothing but stalk her. I remember reading that in your book. Bowser's eyes shot to Luigi as he still stood silent. "You're not in love, you're obsessed, Obsessed with revenge and greed and it's sickening that you have people like me that you toy with to do your bidding. "Shut up", Bowser mumbled. "You don't look at her not as a potential love interest, but as an object". "Shut...Up", Luigi saw Bowser shaking and breathing heavily. "You're a monster and that's what you'll always be-". Bowser pinned Luigi to a wall by his throat. Luigi scratched at his hands to get them off. "SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP". His grip on Luigi's neck got tighter. Luigi tried to struggle to get free but he couldn't move. As if magic Bowser's grip loosened. Luigi looked up at Bowser and noticed his blank stare. His arms draped to his sides and he dropped to his knees "It's not fair". Tears started to fall and he trembled. "It's not fair". Luigi watched him as he sulked.

Luigi sat outside Toadsworths office as he watched him Yell endlessly at Bowser. Bowser was just staring dead at the floor as well. They looked like they were done and Bowser walked out. "Good thing his office was soundproof, I bet the whole hospital would hear him yelling at you if it wasn't", Luigi said. Bowser said nothing and just walked to his office. He got back to work and didn't say a word the whole time.

A couple of hours passed and Bowser got up. "Finish your work and you can go, I'm leaving". He left running his hands through his hair with a long sigh. Luigi wondered if Bowser still loved Peach after that. He went back to work until he had no work to do left.

As Luigi walked out of the hospital he decided to go get a quick drink from the bar not far from here. "A drink will help me relax". He walked slowly until he walked inside. He noticed that a few people that worked at the hospital were in the bar as well. There were Mario and Peach, along with Wario, Waluigi, and Rosalina. Mario and Wario were singing at the table having the time of their lives. Peach was laughing along with Rosalina while Waluigi was receiving second-hand embarrassment, but looked like he was singing along to. (Funny how Mario and Wario are only friends when they're drunk). He scanned the whole bar and saw someone sitting in the very corner barely visible to anyone. "Is that Bowser"? He walked over to him and noticed all the drinks he's been drinking. "Um hi, Bowser". Bowser looked at Luigi with narrowed eyes obviously drunk. "Go away" he started to ramble quietly but ended up mumbling all his words. "How are you feeling". "I feel *hic* That everyone is full of shit". He took a couple more shot while Luigi drunk lightly talking about how angry and humiliated he feels. (He's making it seem like he's not the one who started this whole mess). He continued to blame everyone else for what happened. Saying that everyone manipulates Peach to dislike him. The more Luigi listens the more pathetic Bowser seemed to be. "Bowser you're pathetic". Bowser looked confused as he swayed in his chair. "No matter what you do Peach won't like you at all especially how to speak to her, how you see her as nothing but an object of revenge". Luigi got up from his seat and left after that.

Luigi sat on the couch late at night watching movies. "I guess Mario isn't coming home again today". He stretched off the couch and heard a knock on the door. "Who could that be at this hour". Luigi went to the door and opened it slightly, but the door forced itself open once it was off its hinge. It was Bowser who walked threateningly towards Luigi. "You know you little shit. You don't get it don't you". He slammed the door shut locking it and got Luigi in a corner. "Get out my house"! Bowser ignored his request and trapped him. Luigi could smell heavy alcohol on his breath. "I work hard for everything I do. I work hard so I can be seen differently, but it never works. I'm always seen as this monster. I'm always alone I deserve her. I'll take her if I have to. I'll kill Mario for ruining my life and I'll kill you if you get in the way". "Bowser you can't-" Bowser started to choke Luigi. "You don't understand, you little she no one has ever loved you, you worthless bug". Luigi struggling to breath felt himself starting to get light-headed. Bowser let go and dropped Luigi who started to heavily gag and gasp for air. He looked back up at Bowser who looked dead. "What...What am I doing". He started holding his head messing up his hair. "I don't know what's going on".