4

The two children looked up at him and smiled.

"What is this..." Takaharu mumbled.

"...Pretty..."

(Pretend she's wearing that wild child clothing)

(Inosuke is up there)

The man looked at them and asked "Do you have names?"

They looked at him and grunted to each other.

'What is he saying?' the girl giggled.

'Beats me.' The boy grunted back.

Takaharu was starting to question his sanity.

He looked down at the children, and saw their clothing from close up.

The boy was wearing a loincloth with 'Hashibira Inosuke' on it.

The girl was wearing a scarf, with 'Shiratori' on it, but no first name.

Takaharu thought for a bit, and said to the boy "You are Inosuke Hashibira."

The boy repeated back "Inoshuke Hashibiwa!"

He looked at the girl. She had the same green eyes as the boy.

"You are Inoka Shiratori!" He changed the boy's name a little to suit the girl.

She giggled and repeated "Inoka Shiwatowi!"

This girl had better pronunciation than the boy, but they both had accents from not knowing the language.

Takaharu, after taking one glance at the cute, but wild and unmannerly children, set his mind to teach them how to speak.

Reading and writing was a lost cause.

However, the kids sprinted out of the pagoda once he let his guard down and ran all the way back to the cave where the boars were.

A few months and a large amount of visits later, they had finally learned the language.

It was said older children would take longer to learn a language, but these two were smarter than your usual boar children.

They picked up the language fast, albeit getting some words and each other's names wrong here and there.

Inoka's name was also sewn onto her scarf by Takaharu's girlfriend.

However, they still just yelled, giggled and grunted in their own language instead of using each other's names, as they forgot their names and couldn't read.

It didn't help that Takaharu didn't call them by their names. He just yelled "Wild Child #1~" which was Inosuke and "Wild Child #2~" was Inoka.

(If there are any mistakes or you have any suggestions for the plot, please message me or comment :) also, please vote~ it means the world to me, and it also lets me see if you guys are enjoying the story or not~ thank you 🐗)