seven

7

Ramen and pork

Ramen and pork...

And what started off good, then bad, became good once more and stayed that way until I boldly pecked Yunho's cheek goodnight.

It was a date to be remembered; a stepup from narcissists and Mama's boys.

Yunho: really had a great time. hope we get to do it again soon. maybe next we'll try the arcade, dinner was horrific. but you were there and that's all that mattered tbh. i'm sorry once again.

I attempt a telepathic approach each time I reread the message. I try to bring something out of the ordinary, unriddle a text that blatantly reads out, 'I really like you' in block letters. Is that not proof enough? What else do I need? The words engraved in stone with his handwriting while his voice played with the very same from a recorder attached to the slab?

Is that too much to ask?

Me: yeah, me too. thanks once again and yes an arcade sounds like my cup of tea. look forward to it.

"Yup. I see a second date."

Startled, I jump in my seat and I'm not fast enough to see Mingi until he's seated right across. He smiles, looking anything but apologetic. It's teasing and I know this conversation is going to take a turn down an unusual road. Who am I kidding? It already has. That is exactly why I'm thankful for the decrease in students around us. Still in the spirits of brain-feeding with valuable knowledge and all, it's become rare to sight the closest of friends together. And in our case, in the eyes of onlookers, the exam has brought two enemies closer.

Gosh, do I want people thinking that?

What happens next? They start name shipping?

I would love to see how that turns out shipshape.

"My orb says there might actually be a ring in your future," he says, grinning like the certified handsome idiot he is.

Mingi's endless form stretches out on an entire sofa and since I have nothing better doing, other than studying, I decide to get jealous over the triviality that I'm only a 5'3. That doesn't get the jam off the top shelf without a stool.

"Why are you here?"

He shrugs like there is absolutely nothing unusual about him being in the same room as me, breathing the same air. Of late, there is every bit of wrong with that. "I was bored."

"Are you always bored?"

"Only before I realise there's you to pester. Jungha told me you would be here."

Sure, we have the best friend thinking what she does—blowing my cover, that is—would bring her two favorite people close, but sometimes I think she's a bit too trusting with the both of us. However I'm not ready to dive in at first opportunity, given that this isn't first opportunity to begin with. Neither is it a second. Or third. Or fourth. Or ... that is totally aside the point.