[ 20 ]

A/N: you guys should play the song above during this chapter (if you want). It's called Pain by Jurrivh, just in case the link doesn't work lol.

- - -

Inaya's POV

I walk back and forth in my room, impatiently.

"It's his fault... he's literally traumatizing me everyday and yet, here I am, feeling guilty for raising my voice!" I say to myself.

I sigh and head to bed instead. I wrap myself tightly with a blanket and try to get comfortable.

After about 10 to 15 minutes, I hear music.

I squint at the clock, it's 1:30 AM.

Where's the music coming from?

"Don't be dumb, Inaya... Don't go trying to find the source of the sound..." I start pacing back and forth in the room again until my curiosity gets the best of me.

I grab my scarf off the table and wrap it around my head, loosely.

The closer I got the the sound, the sadder it sounds. I finally reach a grand French doors, leading to a mini-ball room with a piano tucked away in the corner.

I see Dominic sitting in front of the piano, playing it.

I quietly stand behind the door, peaking out, watching and listening to him play.

The tune is... sad. It's heartbreaking. Each note drains sadness through me, instead of gliding over my skin. It travels through every cell in my body, giving my goosebumps. My heart swells up and my eyes become teary.

I can feel the emotions through each tone being played. It's as if it's telling a hidden story about everything painful that's ever happened.

"Come inside." Dominic's voice shakes me out of my trance.

How did he know I was here? I hadn't even made a noise.

"N-no, it's a-alright. I was just woken up by the sound." I say.

"Sit with me." He slightly pats the empty spot beside him without looking back at me.

Do I really want to make him angry?

No, no I don't.

So, I slowly make my way to the piano seat and sit down with enough space in between the two of us.

His hands were hovering over the keys, as if waiting for me to say something.

"What you were playing–it's beautiful. Sad yet beautiful." I say.

He doesn't say anything back but continues to start playing.

Now that I'm closer to the sound, I can really feel it coursing through me. It's the type of sound that carries a strong emotion, where your spirit isn't sure if you want to cry or if it's just overwhelming. It has my heart aching and my stomach feeling empty: it's draining my energy, making me feel weak and tired.