[ 24 ]

Warning: this chapter can get a little steamy near the end. So read with your own discretion.

- - -

Inaya's POV

"I heard Dom took you out." Nicholas says as he bites into an apple.

"He did." I nod.

I totally forgot to tell him about it. But, then again, is it something that I would want to tell him?

"And you went? Voluntarily?" He raises a brow.

I go silent for a bit.

"Yep, I needed to make sure the world was still spinning." I try to joke but he didn't laugh.

"Where did he take you?" He pushes the topic.

I tell him where Dominic took me but Nick doesn't  look impressed.

"You really trusted him? He could've hurt you." He frowns.

I furrow my brows. "But he didn't."

He sighs. "I'm just... I was just worried."

"Don't be. If he did something, the worst that could happen is that I'd die. Not a bad option." I answer truthfully.

"Don't say things like that..." he sighs. "Just be careful around Dom. He can be... unpredictable."

"I figured that by now." I laugh.

"Do you want to go out somewhere today?" His mood switches to something more cheerful.

"I was thinking of staying in today. Not that I had plans on going out anyways. Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I recommend.

"Anything in mind?" He asks, excited.

"John Wick?" I suggest with a smile.

"No way!" He looks shocked.

"Not your type of movie?"

"That's perfect! I didn't know you'd watch movies like that!" He's genuinely taken-back. 

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Nicholas Belcastro." I grin.

• • •

"Come this way!" Nicholas gestures for me to follow him.

After a few turns, we reach a double door.

"What's this?" I ask.

Nicholas only grins and once he opens the door, my jaw drops.

It's a theatre room.

Not just a small, home-theatre type one. It looks a mini auditorium.

There's more than 10 reclining seats that are equally placed on each side of the room with a staircase path leading down to the giant projector screen.

"This is insane." I blurt out.

"Dominic doesn't watch movies but he knows I do, a lot, so he had it built for when I come over."

"I'm impressed. Very impressed. I would never leave this room." I laugh.

"Pick a seat, any seat." He says.

I pick one that gives the perfect view of the screen. I look around the room and my eyes land on a machine in the corner.

"Is that a popcorn and soda machine?" I gasp.