CHAPTER 3

White hair with black roots that covered his ears and dark blue eyes. He was unknown yet so similar. He did resemble him but no, it couldn't be him, could it? He wasn't the white-haired boy from my dreams, from yesterday night. But, as I looked into his eyes, I felt at ease. And then that beautiful mouth of his opened.

"You! What are you doing here?" he yelled looking surprised to see me.

"I...um...you see, I was just..." The familiarity in his voice left me speechless.

"Answer me, damn it!"

His loud tone disturbed Caroline who instantly groaned like an injured animal.

The boy and I both raced to her. But, seeing as he was both bigger and faster than me, he got to her first. He knelt down beside her and touched his cheek to her while murmuring to her.

I realized immediately who this guy was. He was Caroline's brother. Of course. It was so obvious now. The same blue eyes, the big-brother act... it was him. He continued fussing over her and almost forgot I was there too.

I was about to leave on my own and give those two some privacy but I didn't manage to do it. Apparently, the big brother remembered how angry he was that I was there.

"Hey, you. What did you do to her?"

"I didn't-" I didn't have the chance to defend myself because Caroline did so for me.

"She didn't do anything, Holden. I have been like this since last night. She was the one who brought me here." She indicated her current position, on the couch. "And, you are making my ears bleed by being so loud. What's wrong with you? I am sick."

"I'm sorry, sis. I wasn't thinking." His voice became lower and softer. Well, it looked like someone had a soft spot for his sister.

"How about I just leave? It looks like I am intruding," I offered to leave because it was clear that I wasn't welcomed right now.

"Yeah, that'd be for the best," Caroline said as her brother muttered, "damn right."

Ι turned around to leave their house when I stopped dead in my tracks.

"About those people before, should I be worried? Am I supposed to call the police? Because their behavior wasn't normal."

"What is she talking about?" her brother asked, baffled. He glared at Caroline as he asked where who was here.

"Oh, that. It was nothing, just a small misunderstanding. The siblings came here to find out how we dealt..." she trailed off and shrugged it off.

"You'll tell me about what happened later. Now, you," he said as he turned his glare to me, "you should get out of here."

Something felt off about it but they clearly wouldn't be talking about it with me. There was no point in worrying about what was going on with these two angry people. For now, at least.

I nodded my goodbyes and left without saying another word.

When I got home, I was met by silence. I figured it was a good thing. I could relax. I changed into my pajamas and picked a movie to watch. As it began, all I could think about was Caroline's brother. About his gorgeous face, his gravelly voice and his kindness to the people he cared about. And his firm arms. I wondered how they would feel if he held me.

A picture came to mind. A guy holding me under the moonlight on the woods. Just like it had happened yesterday...

Oh, yesterday! What exactly happened? Who was that guy laying down in the middle of the forest? Why was he dead? What had happened with the wolves? And why was the boy from my dreams there?