LEGACY

"Hey, stop burning the house," Veronica yelled as I felt water running down my body. Me and Holden interrupted our fight with Alarick and Clell and glared at her. She was standing on the last step of the stairs holding a bucket which was dripping.

"Oh come on, it was just getting good," Alarick complained.

"Yes and, during that, the upper floor froze and all the plants inside this room have caught fire."

"Why do I have the feeling that she is blaming us?" Holden asked pointing at the two of us as he looked at her innocently.

"I don't know. It might be your frozen breath or maybe Kristy's hair which is smoking." I looked down at my red hair and saw that they were indeed letting out smoke.

Over the last few months I had begun learning how to use my powers with Hepheos' guidance. At first it seemed hopeless but after a lot of training, I was now able to use them at some extend. One quirk I had developed was my hair being set on fire when I got worked up on a fight. I didn't know why that happened but Hepheos said it was normal for that to happen on fire users.

I took Holden's hand and placed it on my hair. I used his coldness to stop the fumes. In the meantime I asked, "can you please leave? Now that everything is under control, we can continue our sparring."

"No, Harou told me to gather you in the living room," she said as she began climbing the stairs.

"Why?" She turned around and smirked.

"We have finally found the air stone."