FOURTEEN

"She did what now?" I asked Emmett, who had snuck into my room at two o'clock in the morning with urgent topics of conversation to discuss.

"She sliced her finger when she unwrapped Carlisle and Esme's gift. Jasper lunged at her and Edward knocked her back into a massive amount of glass. We're all being forced to leave town, just drop off of the face of the Earth again," he looked down at his hands.

"Are you trying to go anywhere in particular?" I asked.

"I don't want to have to leave you," he sounded panicked. "It isn't fair that I have to leave you just because he wants to leave her."

"Hey, Em, calm down. Breathe, relax, it's okay. Is there anywhere in particular that you're trying to go?" I asked again.

"No," he answered.

"I can give you the keys to my house in DC. It's sunnier there than it is here, but it's a place to stay. I can tell my dad that I'm moving back, I'll have my old job back in a heartbeat, it will work out if that's what you want," I grasped his hand gently.

He thought about it for a moment. "Do you want that to be your story and then you come live with all of us in New York? We have a house in Ithaca, you wouldn't have to be back in the city."

"That sounds lovely," I smiled. "Now, are you staying? Because it's two in the morning and I still need to sleep."

"I can stay, Bella has school in the morning, so she won't see me leave," Emmett thought out loud.

"I feel sorry for Edward," I said as I settled into my blankets and curled up on Emmett, "but good riddance to her."

"Does it really only take that little for you to shut people away?"

"I understand that she's only eighteen, but she's very immature for her age. For her to be begging for something of this magnitude and not being respectful of other's opinions is already a turn-off. Then she asks me for something and is rude when I tell her what she asked for, I don't respect people who do that. She's selfish and very greedy."

"That's a lot more than I saw, but you make excellent points."

"That's because I profile everyone, babe."

"Everyone?"

"Everyone."

"Esme?"

"She's very extroverted," I kept my eyes closed as I spoke, "and very compassionate and caring. She's an ESFJ."

"Do personality types actually matter that much when profiling people?"

"They help incredibly when trying to understand how a person's mind works."

"Explain to me what the letters mean," he asked.

"I and E are for introversion and extroversion. It's where you get your energy from. Introverts get their energy from being alone while extroverts get their energy from being around people. S and N are for sensing and intuition. It's where your perspective lies. Sensing is for here and now, while intuition is for future possibilities.

"T and F are for thinking and feeling. Thinking means you base your decisions on logic and analysis of cause and effect. Lastly, J and P are for judging and perceiving. Judging means that you prefer to have a more planned out and methodical approach to life. Perceiving means that you like to be spontaneous and flexible," I explained.

"What's Edward?"

"INTP."

"Bella?"

"INFP."

"Shouldn't they be even more compatible since they're so close together?"

"That's not necessarily how it works. It would be impossible to date myself, I'd always be arguing."

"Fair enough. Carlisle?"

"ENTJ."

"Alice and Jasper?"

"ENFJ and INFP."

"What about me?" He asked, his voice curious with childlike wonder.

"ESFP," I answered.

"And you?" He questioned.

"INTJ."

"We're exactly opposite," his voice sank.

"You know what's so wonderful about that?" I asked.

"What?" His curiosity spiked again.

"You make sure we go out and adventure when we need to, I make sure we still have our days inside with just each other. You keep us in the present, I look out for our future. I make sure that most of the steps we take are well thought out, you make everything worthwhile. I make sure we keep progressing towards a certain goal and you allow us to be happy with what we have here and now," I explained.

"You're right, that is pretty wonderful," he held me close and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, Em," I curled up against his chest and let myself doze off.

"I love you, too, angel."

When I woke up, I saw a note on my nightstand that was adorned with my name on the front in beautiful calligraphy. I opened it and started to read.

Annora,

I have to gather my things and move them to Ithaca.
I know you may have to take some time to explain the situation to your father,
Text me with updates as things happen.
Remember, you can always come back and visit Morgan, you don't have to part with her forever.

I love you so much.

Emmett.

I smiled at how he thought of the little things that I may have been worried about at some point as I carried out this plan. I walked upstairs after dressing into something more appropriate and looked for my father. He was holding Morgan as he fed her, so I approached him.

"Good morning," I smiled.

"Good morning, sweetie, what's got you in such a good mood?" He asked.

"I have an idea. I know you might not be as ecstatic about it as I am, but I hope that you'll be open to it," I knotted my fingers together.

"What is it?" He questioned as he placed the bottle back on the counter and switched Morgan to a position where he could burp her.

"I was thinking about moving back to DC and trying to live on my own. I already got an offer to have my old job back," I played with the bottom of my shirt.

He sighed, "As much as I'd love to tell you to stay, I think it would be a perfect opportunity for you to branch out and explore your independence. What about Emmett?"

"He has this study abroad thing for school for a year. We'll just communicate over the phone and through email," I shrugged.

"Well, that's great, sweetie. When were you thinking about moving?"

"I was hoping as soon as possible."

"Trying to get away, now?" He chuckled. "We could have movers here by the end of the day if you think you could pack all of your stuff up that quickly."

"Most of my stuff is already packed, the only things I unpacked when we moved here were my clothes, school supplies, and bedding," I answered.

"Well, I guess I'll call the movers, then," he smiled.

"Thank you," I hugged him in return and made my way back down to the basement to pack the rest of my belongings up.