NINETEEN

I walked into the house and immediately made my way to Emmett who was hooking up his Xbox to the television in the living room.

"Hey," I wrapped my arms around his waist as he crouched over.

He swung back as he was frightened, so I jumped up in the air to avoid his fist. "Hey, it's okay, it's just me," I soothed as I landed on the balls of my feet.

He sighed, "I'm sorry, Angel, I'm just used to hearing your heartbeat first."

"I understand," I nodded and came up close to him again.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly. He buried his face in my hair and rested in that position for a moment. "Do you want to get out for a few hours? Just go explore?" He asked.

"That would be lovely," I rubbed my thumb across his shirt as I hugged him back.

"Let's get changed," he smiled and kissed me.

We both walked towards the stairs but were stopped by the sound of Bella's truck pulling up to the house. I looked outside at the truck, looked at Emmett, and then continued walking up the stairs. If I stayed down in the living room, I would be forced to communicate with her and I was not in the right state of mind to put up with idiocy.

Emmett followed me up the stairs and I rooted through my drawers to find something suitable to wear. I settled on a Deep Blue Something tank top and a pair of leggings. After I slipped my running shoes on, I fixed my hair and waited for Emmett to finish changing. He, of course, wore dark denim jeans and plain coloured t-shirt, it was nearly his pattened outfit.

He came close to me and I reached for the doorknob to open the bedroom door, but he gently grabbed both of my hands and pulled me close to him. His adorned my neck with kisses, the fourth one made me gasp slightly. He picked me up by my thighs and I wrapped my legs around his waist. He leant against the door and grasped my ass as I ran my hands through his hair.

I bit his bottom lip, which caused him to moan ever-so-lightly. I attempted to pull him closer to me, as if that was even possible, and he placed me on the top of the dresser so that his hands could roam free. Just before I had gotten his shirt off, a knock at the door interrupted our fun.

"What?" Emmett let out a low growl and continued to bite and kiss my neck.

"Bella's requesting an audience, all of us," Alice's voice rang from the other side of the door.

I pouted, but Emmett fixed his shirt and then came over and fixed my clothing and my hair. "Behave," he smiled at me.

"To be fair, my actions are never uncalled for," I smirked.

"Fair enough," he nodded and took my hand.

We walked down the stairs and joined up with the rest of the family that was awkwardly standing at the foot of the stairs waiting for something to be said. Bella and Edward seemed to be giving each other stares, ones that had the same meaning, but different originating emotions. I looked closer at Bella and had to grab on to Em for support as the wave of dizziness had come over me.

There wasn't much at all to the girl. Her life was very cliche. She had divorced parents, one of her parents was in a new relationship and she lived with the one who was still single. I had seen it tens of times before, all the same structure, just different decorative details. She wasn't all that bright, only when she had studied hard for an exam or subject. The things she did know were classic things that teenagers liked to argue about, or random facts you would find on the internet.

There was no God-given intelligence in the girl, she had to work for any she could muster up. Her biggest flaw was her stubbornness. I was stubborn too, but hers was different, she had no logic behind her actions- only emotion. Edward glared at me, but I couldn't help what I saw. I only saw the truth, whether people would allow themselves to see it or not was beyond me.

"Are you all right?" Emmett whispered as we waited for something to happen.

"Yeah," I nodded.

Bella cleared her throat, obviously nervous, "You all know what I want," she started.

"Jesus, not this again," I whispered to myself.

"I think it's only fair to leave it up to a vote," she continued without having heard me. "Alice?"

"I already think of you as a sister," Alice hugged her, "it's a yes from me."

"Thanks," Bella smiled, "Jasper?"

"It would be nice to not want to kill you all of the time," he smiled, "a yes from me."

Bella smiled back at him, "Emmett?"

"Um," he hesitated.

"Annora?" She noticed her streak wasn't so strong.

"You better not be serious," I glared. "A no from me. I know you, I know you more than you know yourself. You're a very impulsive person and 80% of the decisions you make, you regret later. It's not a no because you snapped at me a year ago, it's a no because I know how your mind is wired and because I wish someone could have stopped what happened to me," I crossed my arms.

She nodded and moved right on to the next person, she only wanted the yeses. She had no interest in what did not benefit her, not even a thought out explanation. Instead of sitting and listening to the rest of the conversation, I turned and walked out of the back door. I didn't make a scene, I just slipped out quietly and waited for Emmett to join me.

After a few minutes of him not coming out, I decided to jump up to a tree and climb it to the top. There I found a sturdy branch to rest on and watch the moon as it moved across the sky. I knew what the reality of the situation was, it was not the moon that was moving, it was the Earth, but at times I allowed myself to simplify nature's attributes.

Emmett found me after a few more minutes, he sat next to me and let the silence continue on for a few more moments. Once he sat down, he didn't move a muscle. His eyes were set on the moon and the occasional bat that passed by in the night.

"You know I can't do silence, Em," I reminded him.

"I think it was very big of you to put aside your differences and speak the truth to her," he rubbed his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Truth is always more important than emotion," I rounded off.

"I know," he kissed my forehead and looked back out at the landscape in front of us, "Angel, I know."