thirty.

The sound of tires screeching on the driveway filled my ears and I frowned as I tried my hardest to not wake up completely. I rolled over, snuggling further into the warmth of my quilt and attempted to bury myself into the bed, wrapping my arms around the pillow next to me.

Slowly but surely my eyes fluttered and I groaned lowly, I wasn't even tired but I just didn't want to get out of bed. I rubbed my eyes before they opened and I laid there for a few moments, last night rushing back to me.

My head snapped sideways so quickly I almost gave myself whiplash but I was met with nothing but disappointment as I saw I was alone in bed.

Harry was gone, again.

I didn't know what I was expecting but a sudden worry infiltrated my head and I pushed myself out of bed, practically tripping over my own feet as I ripped the curtain away from the window. My heart slowing as I saw Harry's car still in the driveway.

Harry's car was still here, Harry was still here. But Oliver's car wasn't, Oliver had gone.

All the disappointment of Harry leaving my bed suddenly didn't seem so bad, I assumed Oliver wasn't going to work looking like he did so I could only hope he was gone for good. Not that he had much longer left.

He was leaving on Monday but still four days without him was an opportunity I wasn't going to pass up.

Knowing I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep I gathered up some clean clothes and headed into my bathroom, picking up the first aid kit in the process, I didn't even know how it ended up on the floor.

My fingers swiped across the screen of my phone easily as I slowly made my way down the stairs, being careful not to trip as I texted Ollie about Harry and Oliver and how I was going to be an actual adult for once.

I glanced at the time before I pocketed my phone, 9:47am, and cringed to myself, I had taken a little longer than I had planned in the shower and then I'd even bothered to do my hair and actually put make up on.

I almost fell over as I stepped over the threshold into the kitchen and saw Harry leaning against the counter, mug in one hand and phone in the other.

I didn't know what was wrong with me, it was just Harry.

And it was just Harry wearing his normal outfit of black jeans and a plain t shirt, he looked like this almost every single day but this morning there was something different about him. He looked...different.

A good different though.

I shook my head at my stupidity and I fulled stepped into the kitchen, pretending I wasn't having some kind of weird mental breakdown over how pretty Harry could be.

"Hey." I said casually as I made my way towards the kettle, receiving a grunt of acknowledgement from Harry but his eyes never raised from his phone.

"Have you eaten?"

I caught his shaking head at the last second and I sucked my teeth, for someone who claimed to be a morning person he sometimes didn't act like it.

"Do you want anything?" I asked politely as I stared into the fridge. Admittedly there wasn't much in here and we needed to go shopping again.

"M'fine." Harry finally spoke and I swallowed at the one word answer, aware of him taking a seat at the breakfast bar and I busied myself with getting a drink and some toast.

"How are your hands?" I asked as I swiped some jam onto the slices of bread before taking a bite and turning to face Harry across the kitchen.

"Fine." Harry said slowly, I had no idea how he managed to say a single word answer slowly but he did.