thirty two.

"A cheerleader. Really Ollie?"

I stared at my best friend lounging on my bed with a shit eating grin on his face.

"Yes Peas, really."

I sucked my teeth as I snatched up the material off the bed and looked over it again, it wasn't even in my colour.

It was like Ollie didn't even know me.

"It's green, Ollie. You know I don't look good in green!" I protested, I knew I shouldn't have waited until Halloween to see my costume.

"You're a skinny white girl you look good in everything." Ollie rolled his eyes. "If you had any social media, you'd be an insta thot."

I flushed as Ollie spoke, my eyes slightly narrowed.

"I have Facebook." I protested weakly making him roll his eyes again.

"Okay, you middle aged mother. Now go change!"

I huffed but did as I was told and headed into the bathroom and started to get changed, my eyes finding my reflection in the mirror and I almost had to do a double take.

It had been a lot of hair on the floor of the salon yesterday and I almost felt naked considering it had almost been at my waist but now my hair sat just grazing my collar bones.

I'd never had my hair this short before and I knew my Father would flip his shit once he saw it but I didn't care. I felt like a new person. I felt like me.

It was different and I fucking loved it.

"I have a problem!" I called out once I'd finished dressing and stepped back out to face Ollie who raised an eyebrow. "My bra is obvious."

"Don't wear one. Fixed your problem."

"It's October! I'm not showing the world my nipples!" I hissed making Ollie narrow his eyes only to be dashed of any snappy reply by my phone ringing and I raised an eyebrow.

"Dunno, just says unknown." Ollie showed me the screen and I shrugged, gesturing for him to answer it.

"Poppy Carmichael." I said once the phone had connected and Ollie had pressed the speaker.

"Jesus do you always answer the phone like that, what are you a forty year old business woman?"

"...Harry?"

I frowned as I turned to face the phone stupidly.

"Obviously." Harry drawled and I looked at Ollie who just shrugged. "What time am I picking you up?"

"Picking me up?" I asked as I frowned harder.

"For this stupid party, c'mon Poppy."

I blinked as Harry grunted down the phone line and I couldn't stop my stupid heart from lifting, he was still coming?

"You're not." Ollie cut in before I could say anything more.

My excitement was suddenly dampened when I remembered how Harry and I had left everything when he went. He knew I liked him and now I knew he did not like me back. It was going to be awkward.

"Ollie?" Harry questioned and I could just imagine his eyebrows furrowed on the other end.

"No it's Jesus. Obviously it's me." Ollie rolled his eyes and I stifled a laugh as I took a seat and started to prep my face for make up.

"Shut up you prick." Harry grunted but I could tell that he wasn't serious as Ollie laughed too and I briefly wondered when they'd become friends?

"We're getting an Uber so we'll meet you at the party probs around ten." Ollie explained and I glanced at the clock on my desk, it was nine twenty five now.