2. Discussione

Happy New Year! I wish you all a brilliant 2020! 💜

XXXXX

Alessandro leads me down the corridor and into the working side of the house

Alessandro leads me down the corridor and into the working side of the house. It's impossible to get in unless you know the password or have a key-card, trust me I know from countless attempts. As a child Xavy and I, sometimes the twins, we were never permitted to enter the working area so seeing this was a new experience for me. I thought I never would see it either. 

Alessandro takes me into his office, which I''m guessing used to be Dad's. It's strange thinking about him being the head of the house, but he handles the authority well. He sits opposite me with such detachment that I know he doesn't want me here. I can't say I blame him either. Who would want to take in a fucked up 15-year old? 

'I'm sorry about the death of your mother' He gets straight to business as normal, with little emotion in his voice. 

I hate that about him, I want him to explode for once. Just to know he cares about something, anything. 

'She was your mother too' I argue back. She wasn't a good one, but she carried all of us and deserved to be acknowledged as our mother.

Alessandro rolls his eyes and clenches his jaw but simply says 'In name and genetics yes that is correct.'

Name and genetics. Is this all we mean to him? 

To distract myself from these faults, I look around his study and feel a ping of sadness. A picture hangs above the fireplace hangs of the family before the divorce. Dad proudly smiling with his hand around Mom who looks well and healthy, I don't remember her like that. All 7 of us children are there, baby me being held my Papa and Xavy being held by Mama. The elder boys looking as smart as ever. If you looked at that photograph, you would see the perfect family. Little did we know then that it was the beginning of the end.

'Gabriela, this is my house now and as your guardian I have expectations to live up too. Naturally we disapprove of any bad language or behavior, this includes disrespect or disobedience towards any of your brothers. I haven't set a bedtime for you, but I expect you to be in bed for a suitable hour. Is that clear?'

I give him a curt nod, I don't want to speak to him.

'Gabriela, we give verbal answers in this house so I want one now' boomed Alessandro's strong voice.

'Why?'

'You're not a baby, you have verbal skills. Are you correcting me otherwise?'

'No.'  I sulk, leaning back on my chair. I'm clearly not proving his point. 

'Good, glad we're on the same page' continuing 'You, Xavier and the twins will all go school shopping tomorrow as it's Saturday. On Monday you will join them at the new school, where we expect you to show diligence to your studies.'

Remember Me?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara