5. Scuola

It's school today

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

It's school today. Holy shit, I have to go to school today. You would think after a childhood of constantly moving around that I would get used to attending new schools, but I still get the same feeling every time. You know the one, where you feel your legs shaking and throat blocking up. I feel like a statue when I arrive, and the students paint me deciding on how they think I'll acting. I mean, I know I'll be fine but it's just another reminder of how shitty my life is.

I've been lying in bed for nearly 10 minutes when my third alarm goes off, a reminder that I do have to get out of bed at some point. I head to the shower when the blast of the water wakes me up. My new tattoo is definitely infected, and I know I have to see a doctor asap. Apart from one small issue, I don't know who the doctor is round here. 

I throw on my new school uniform and notice another slight problem, the skirt is a lot longer than I remember so I decide to roll it up. Much better, now it's about 5 inches of my knee and shows of my beautifully tanned legs. My make up takes nearly 30 minutes but by the time I finish, I feel more like Gabriela Cattaneo, the girl with the perfect beauty and perfect life. It doesn't reflect on how I feel on the inside.

I decide to head downstairs where I'm met by Enzo who's already in his school uniform. He's busy shoveling cereal into his mouth and gives me a nod of acknowledgement. 

I can't eat. I've been managing a few bites whilst here but I don't think I can even do one so I try to sneak out of the kitchen but of course I can't get away with anything around here.

'Gabriela breakfast' he instructs me, nodding to the cereal boxes on the table.

'I'm not hungry' I wined, 'I'm too nervous.'

I think Lorenzo was too tired for an argument this morning, or perhaps he just feels bad for me as he tells me 'I'll let it slide just this once Gabs.'

I hop onto the counter watching all my other brothers come down for breakfast, Xav still has sleep in his eyes and Leo doesn't even have his shirt and trousers on yet! Just strolling around in his boxers, ugh. Something you'll learn about my brothers is that they're not morning people, under any circumstances.

We'd all woken up on the school ride to school as the twins enjoyed blasting their rap music so loud we got stares from the other cars around us. Once they realise who's driving the car, the stares change from anger to fear. They pull up in the carpark where they saunter off to see their friends, leaving Xav and I.

'I'm guessing they don't want to school you to the school office, so I guess I'm doing that' he groans. It's nice to know that someone else doesn't want me around. We  walk towards  the school office where I'll be collecting the new timetable, and Xav points out each individual classroom on the way and what the teachers like.

'Miss Natgalli! My favourite woman!' he smiles largely at the petite blonde woman at the desk at the school office.

She just rolls her eyes 'How many times Mr Cattaneo have I got to tell you that I'm a lesbian, I don't fancy you.'