4. Impegnarsi

I wake up to the gentle gaze of the sun shining through my curtains

I wake up to the gentle gaze of the sun shining through my curtains. I love the sun in the morning, it's calmer, more merciful on myself. I read once the weather has an impact on you behavour, and I can understand that. Lying here in this bed, I feel rested and soft. I suppose that's helped by having a clean bed to sleep in, a solid roof over my head. In this satisfaction sensation , I realise my day is only going to get better. Today I finally get to get rid of my past, and look forward to a possible future here.

I decide take a look at my wardrobe and throw on black ripped jeans and an off the shoulder white top. I finish the look with golden hoops and flawless make up. I quickly run into my siblings corridor where I bang on Xavier's door. He doesn't open so I just barge in and jump on the lump shape in bed.

'Xav wake up! It's shopping day!' I scream into his ear. I'm so excited, a new bedroom means a new mindset. A new, perfect me. 

He doesn't reply so I thump the lumps head and until I finally get a response 'Ugh I don't feel well Gabs. I think I've got the flu'

Pathetic. 

Another thought strikes me, a terrifying thought 'You're not leaving me alone with Alessandro' I complain. 

'Gabs I really don't feel well' he mutters back. His voice does sound quite muffled up, but that doesn't make me any less mad at him.

'You better help later' I growl hitting him on the head with the pillow. 

Xavier just moans 'Will do' under his duvet. 

That puts a downer on my mood. I head downstairs anyway where I'm met by the face of Matteo and the twins. They're too busy to notice me, rushing around the kitchen and foyer trying to get organised before the match.

'What's up lil sis' Enzo pats the top of my head.

The twins are wearing their rugby uniform and Matteo looks casual as well in some shorts and polo top. It's the first time since being here that I've seen Leo look happy.

I'm not used to that sight, and it does kind of disturbs me. 

I  decide to sneak into the living room where I put some tv on. The boys are too busy preparing for the rugby to worry about what I'm eating so I'm able to enjoy myself. Lounging back, I decide to watch Elite on netflix where I become quickly engrossed. 

It eventually hits 11 so I rush out into the foyer where I see Alessandro.

'It's polite to be 5 minutes early' he informs me with a stern warning in his voice.

I mutter under my breath, 'I didn't realise this was a business meeting' but of course Andy hears me. You can't get away with anything when Alessandro is around. 

'When you're using my time Gabriela, it is'

I think sometimes he forgets we are siblings. The only times I see him behave like an actual brother is with Francisco or Matteo, but I guess that's due to them being all 1 year apart from each other. Mama always used to joke that she gave birth to a set of triplets, and then two sets of twins.