14. Interrogativo

*Appts Wattpad didn't send out the notification for the last chapt, so if you didn't read that go and check that out🤍*

XXXXX

My heart is beating so fast and thick that I can barely hear my own thoughts

My heart is beating so fast and thick that I can barely hear my own thoughts. But I can still taste the words on my tongue.  Words so thick and heavy, and the effort it took to get over my soul. Yet still, I can't quite get rid of the feeling that I'm choking. 

'Did I kill Ian?' he asks, leaning his head to one side.

'Yes.'

'And am I in the mafia?' almost processing my question with a hidden smirk in his voice.

'Yes.'

I wait in anticipation, my heart thudding so loud. Is he finally going to give me some answers?

He laughs, shaking his head in amusement  'Oh Gabriela, when will you realise I am in charge here. Not you, and if I decide to tell you something it'll be on my own terms and not being blackmailed by some little 15 year old.'

'Answer my question' I argue back, although I'm not really sure if I want to know the answer.

'Ian Smith was his name?' he asks, while sitting down on one of the chairs.

Shrugging my shoulders, I reply to his question 'Yeah, Mom took it as it as well.' 

'Well as there is no record of Ian Smith, I doubt I could have killed him.' he replies bluntly. 

But yet, he's not denying that he could have killed him if he had the chance.

'Ian Smith wasn't his real name' I feel the realization drawing on me.

He sighs, showing a tiredness on his face for once 'No I don't think so Gabriela.'

'Why are you telling me this?' I whisper, all the energy into investing all this shit gone.

Standing up, he grabs my chin and lifts it to match his eyes 'I'm telling you because I want to be aware, observant of those around you. If you so much of had a bad feeling, tell me.'

'Why?'

He clenches his jaw like he's trying to control his words 'Because if someone hides their real name, they're hiding something bigger.'

'Ok' I bite my thumb anxiously 'Are you going to tell Xav?'

'Yes, he too needs to be aware.' he stands up from the chair, beckoning me over.

I slowly walk to him. I know he's a dickhead the majority of the time, but yet he is the one I trust the most in this moment.

Looking at him with obvious fear in my eyes, he grabs the back of my head and pulls me into his chest before wrapping his arms around me.