Confidence

Confidence (Chapter 3)

*Disclaimer: I do not own any Victorious Characters*

Days later at Vega's home, Next Friday was the superhero dance, which involves costumes, so everyone either had to order, borrow, or create one. Tori wasn't the most talented at creating costumes, that was Cat's department. So she decided to order a Wonder Woman outfit online. Once it arrived, she immediately tried it on and went downstairs to show her parents. "How do I look?" She asks her parents.

"Honey, you know you're beautiful, whatever you wear," her dad mentions.

"Thanks, Dad, but be honest, please!" She begged them for their honesty.

"Honey, we have to be honest with her," Tori's mom said.

"You're right....honestly Tori-"

"It looks terrible on you...." Trina walks down the stairs yelling and coughing. Tori rolls her eyes at Trina's thoughts on how she looks with that costume.

"Hey she said it, not us," he added with a smile as he jumped up from the couch to head to work.

"Honey, shouldn't you be focusing on getting a date first... it's like you never have a date to any of these dances," her mom points out.

"Do you need me to find you one?" She adds.

"No, Mom, I already have someone in mind," Tori awkwardly replies.

"Who?" She asks.

"One of my friends," Tori mentions to her.

"Which one of your friends? Andy?" Her mom repeatedly asks

"It's Andre," she finally corrected and admitted.

"I thought his name was Andy cause Trina always refers to him as Andy" Mrs. Vega reasoned.

"That's because Trina is stupid," Tori sharply insults.

"hey be nice, that's your sister, anyways do you like him?" Her mother questions with a smile.

"I do, but I'm scared that he won't ask me to be his date," Tori was worried. She didn't know if the feelings between them were mutual or not.

"you can't just wait for him... you have to ask him," she recommends an idea, which Tori thought was different

"That's weird, isn't the guy supposed to ask the girl, not the other way around."

"Usually that's the case, but if you like this guy, you gotta go for it. That's how I got a date with your father," her mom explains.

"You had to ask Dad out?" Tori wonders how that even worked out.

"Yep, or else he would've done nothing, he was just too nervous," she added.

"so you think I should?" Her daughter didn't know what to do in this situation.

"If you're confident that you like Andy-"

"Andre," Tori immediately corrected her.

"oh right, Andre."

The conversation dissipated into awkward silence within seconds, but right when her mother stood up to change, Tori embraced her.

"Thanks, Mom, for the help," she stands up and gives her mother an affectionate hug.

"Anytime Baby, now get ready for school," Mrs. Vega kisses her on her forehead while hugging her daughter back.

(20 minutes later)

Mrs. Vega was quickly getting ready for work, while Tori already finished dressing and ate breakfast. But Trina was still sick with the Flu, so she had to stay home for the whole week.

"Tori, do you need a ride to school?" Mrs. Vega asks while she heads to the front door.

"No, Andre is giving me a ride to school."

"Okay Good, I'm in a rush right anyway I have to head to work, bye honey, love you, and good luck!"

"Bye Mom, love you too!" she runs up to her mom and gives her a kiss on the cheek. In a quick second, she darted out the front door.

Afterward, she got a text from Andre that he was there, so she quickly checks up on Trina and runs out the door to meet Andre.

"Morning girl," he greets her with a warm hug. He opens the passenger seat door for her, like a gentleman.

(Hollywood Arts)

Once they arrive at the student parking lot, it was awkwardly silent since they left her house.

"It's kind of weird that we aren't performing during the Dance, huh," Andre broke the silence.

"Yeah, it is," Tori quietly answers.

"at least it gives us a chance to give all our attention to finding dates, which we couldn't do last time," he added.

Tori was trying to find all the confidence to ask her best friend out. "Andre, about that....um ...do you want-" she nervously mumbled.

"do I want to what?" He couldn't understand what she just said, which left him confused.

"Nevermind," she tried backing out of the question.

"Girl, I want to know?! You can't start something and not finish it." Andre mentioned.

It took all of Tori's confidence to finally ask the big question finally. "Do youwanttobemyDatetothedancenextFriday?" She said so quickly; it was faster than the Flash.

"Woah, WOAH WHAT DID YOU SAY? Speak slowly," she babbled, even though she couldn't understand herself.

"Here I go again," she took a deep breath. "Do you want to be my date to the dance next Friday?" she repeats. Tori's palms were becoming sweater and sweater; she felt agitated. She looked down and avoided eye contact with him. Andre just realized what she just said. He never knew that Tori liked him; he thought he was like a big brother to her. But Andre always liked her, from the beginning. She could sing and perform so gracefully, and it would make Andre's heartburn up inside him.

"Tori, I'd love to go to the dance with you," Andre sweetly accepted, which made Tori feel relief off her shoulders. "But as long as I'm Spider-Man! Because he's my favorite!" He quipped at her.

"Deal!" she said with a great smile. Tori reached over and embraced Andre, with the addition of a sweet kiss on his cheek. Once she left the car to meet up with her friends, he whispers to himself, "Man, I could get used to that."

Author's Message: I know this chapter focused on Tori and Andre, mostly Tori and her mother. MORE T'ANDRE Don't worry, more Cat and Robbie coming soon and Jade and Beck as well. (•‿•)