Chapter -1

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that -Martin Luther King Jr.

*******

The delicate diamond bracelet felt cold in my palms. I gently rubbed my fingers on the bracelet,warm tears rolled down on my cheeks. This bracelet belongs to my mom. She wore this when I saw her last time. She was looking so beautiful in black satin gown with her favorite vintage jewelry. I put on the bracelet on my wrist and picked a small box which was placed infront of me. I opened the box and find out broken watch with some blood stain. It was my dad's watch. I couldn't controlled my tears and cried until no more tears left in my eyes.

I closed my eyes to see their faces. Everything changed so quickly. One moment they were here and now they both gone leaving me alone in this world. The pain was unbearable. Their cheerful faces ran in front of my eyes when they both were leaving for a party. It was the last time when I was seeing them, when they both were with me.

"Surprise" I shouted entering in the living room. My mom and dad both were standing in the living room,all ready to going somewhere . My mom was in black satin gown with one of her favorite diamond jewelry of my great grandmother while my dad was in black tuxedo looking handsome as always.

"Eve..." My mom said looking surprised.

"You said you were coming tomorrow" my dad said looking all happy. He extended his towards me and I quickly hugged him.

"Well, I wanted to surprise you guys" I said and hugged my dad.

"Oh..I missed you so much" I said.

"I miss you too sweetie " my dad said while kissing on my forehead.

"Mom" I said and hugged my mom.

"Oh..how much I missed this cuddle, I am not going to leave you guys anymore" i said feeling the warm embrace of my mom.

"You say the same after your every trip" my mom said making my dad chuckled.

"Yeah..but this time I missed you alot guys" I said breaking the hug.

"How was your trip" my dad said while sitting on the sofa. I sat beside him resting my head on his shoulder.

"unforgettable, I must say it was one my favorite summer vacation, I am in love with Paris now" I said.

"We are glad that you are back home safely" dad said while adjusting his tie.

"You both are going somewhere" I asked.

"we are going to your dad's business party " mom said in bored tone. She was always a introvert person and spend her time more in reading instead of partying but my dad always dragged her with him wherever he goes.

"You can join us" dad said all smiling looking at mom.

"Nope.You already know how much I hate business parties " I said while shooking my head.

"But one day you'll love all this" dad said proudly.

"Hope so,but right now you both enjoy your date.I think you are getting late" I said looking at the wall clock. It was already past seven.

" ahh..I am sorry sweetheart we have to leave but we will be back soon" dad said. He stood up and adjusted his coat.

"How I am looking" he asked.

"Handsome as always" I chuckled.

"And you are looking hot mom" I said placing my hand on my mom's shoulder.