Chapter 4

*3rd person pov*

Travis glanced at the door, then back at Sal. He never wanted to leave, but knew that he had to. Before he could say anything, Sal spoke up.

"I'll write down my number and address. If you want, you can come over to my apartment at some point to talk. Ok?" He said, taking a scrap of paper out of his pocket along with a blue ballpoint pen. Travis blinked, confused, before nodding slowly.

"Okay." He replied simply, internally smacking himself for being so awkward. Sal chuckled a bit and handed him the piece of paper.

"Bye Travis. Stay safe, m'kay?" Sal gave Travis a quick hug before walking to the door. He turned around, locking eyes with Trav, and gave him a small wave. Travis waved back weakly. As Sal exited the bathroom, Trav sighed and took a look at the piece of paper. On it was written the address and number with a small blue heart. Travis's heart skipped a beat. He immediately began overthinking.

Does this mean he likes me?

Did he find the note?

Why'd he draw a heart?

He felt his face heat up as he stuffed the note back in his pocket and grabbed his stuff, leaving the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sal speed-walked to his last class, which was chemistry. It wasn't that bad, Ash was in it. He walked in and immediately his teacher looked up, glaring at Sal with scorn.

"You're late, Mr. Fisher." He said spitefully.

"Sorry sir, I was in the restroom." Was all Sal said before sitting at his seat next to Ashley. The teacher simply sighed and went back to teaching.

The class seemed to go by in a flash. Before he knew it, Sal was at his locker collecting his things. From down the hall, he saw Travis at his locker. His tears had dried. For a brief second, the two locked eyes. Travis gave Sal an awkward grin and double thumbs-up. Sal laughed lightly and returned the gesture. Trav's grin widened before he walked away. Sal shook his head, smiling under his prosthetic. He took his bag from his locker and made his way to the front door. Typically he'd wait for Larry, but apparently he and Ashley had plans. Sal stepped out the door into the cool outside and began his trek home.

Word count: 394