Chapter 6

*3rd person pov*

Sal blinked, his mouth wide in shock. Travis Phelps liked... Him? Travis stared at the ground, his face redder than a tomato.

"Oh... Wow. I didn't expect that." Sal said finally, his face heating up as he processed what Travis had just said.  Travis glanced up at him, clasping his hands between his knees.

"Yeah. I realized it earlier today, which is one of the reasons I was crying in the bathroom. I figured..." He looked back down, focusing on the carpet. "I figured you'd never like someone like me."

Sal pulled at the neck of his sweater, his face feeling extremely hot. I mean, he'd suspected Travis was gay for a while, but... Wow.

"Sorry, I probably just made everything awkward. I should go." Travis stood up, his eyes watering slightly. Sal froze, before shaking his head and reaching out.

"Trav, wait!" He stood up quickly, but it was too late. Travis had already run out of the apartment. Sal's Dad poked his head in, a quizzical expression across his features.

"Hey kiddo, what happened with-" Sal pushed past him, running out of the apartment and slamming the door. He stepped into the elevator and frantically pressed the Lobby button. He anxiously tapped his foot in the elevator, wishing it'd speed up somehow. It finally dinged and he rushed out, seeing Travis right outside the apartment building, making his way to the sidewalk. Sal sprinted out the door, tears threatening to spill over the edge of his mask.

Travis turned around, confused. His face was red and blotchy, and he had tears running down his tan cheeks. Sal grabbed his wrist, pulling Trav to face him.

"What're you doing out here, Sal?!" He asked. Wasn't Sal mad at him for making things awkward? Then, he noticed the tears welling in Sal's eyes. "Sal-"

"I like you too, Travis!"

Word count: 314 words