Chapter 19

"Faiza, please do not add that."

"But why? You know right I love to have chilly food!"

"It will only result in a disaster I am telling you."

"I am sure it won't."

Rida and Faiza both were in the kitchen preparing lunch. Mrs Shaikh had now started with her boutique again that she had left a year back when they had shifted to London and since she had gone to check a few things related to the boutique, Rida had planned to make lunch for everyone but Faiza had been irritating her throughout her cooking asking her to add things which were of no use as she considered herself as an amazing chef.

Irritated by her sister, Rida had stepped aside and let Faiza continue cooking the chilly chicken that they were preparing. Rida had added chilly to it but Faiza was abandoned on adding a little more as she had found it sweet when she had tasted it.

Rida sighed when she noticed Faiza add a spoon of red chilly into it. She first was not sure how the dish would turn out to be but now she was sure, the dish would be a complete mess.

Faiza smirked at Rida, proudly raising her collar making Rida to roll her eyes at her.

Mumbling a few words, she left Faiza to let her work on her own, plopping herself on the couch with her phone in her hand. She had just logged in into wattpad, wanting to read some books when she heard a loud bagging noise from the kitchen making her realise that Faiza had dropped down an utensil.

She smirked, her gaze on her phone reading a novel that she wanted to read from a very long time. She had heard a lot about the novel from her friend and she was getting impatient to read it but every time she would read, something or the other came up making her leave the novel hanging and today was not any different. When she was sure that she wouldn't be disturbed by anyone, she heard Faiza cough as if asking for her attention.

She looked up from her phone, and raised her brow when she saw Faiza standing a little too far, smiling nervously looking at everything except Rida.

"Faiza what did you do?" Rida asked completely aware of her sister's tactics. She closed her phone and after throwing her phone on the couch, she ran to the kitchen to only gasp loudly at the scene in front of her.

The chilly chicken that she made with so much effort was now laying aimless on the floor. She turned to Faiza to see her standing behind her with her head hung low.

"How did this happen?" Rida asked annoyed, while Faiza looked up her eyes almost filled with tears.

"I just wanted to keep the thing down but I did not realise that it was hot." Faiza mumbled a tear escaping her eye and Rida read her face before looking down at her hands that were behind her.

"Show me your hand." Rida demanded walking towards her and she nodded her head, agreeing like an obedient child.

Rida looked at the burn on her hand and hissed in pain. Her fingers were almost red while she understood what pain Faiza would be going through because such encounters were her normal ones.

"Come, I will clean that up and cook something else." Rida said and after making Faiza to sit on the dining table, she applied the ointment on her hand and after asking her to rest, she walked inside the kitchen and sighed at the mess.

She bent down and started cleaning the mess on the floor. She took the mat and kept it for washing as it was stained too. She washed the cloth after she had wiped the floor, and again mobbed the floor to satisfy that there was no stain remaining.

After she was done she sighed and looked around the place to find something to make. She sighed in relief when she realised that the rice that she had cooked was still remaining at its place.