Chapter 29

When she is a wife, she completes half of deen of her husband.

***

Sheerin opened the door to a room that Rida was familiar from the last time she had visited the house. Nothing had changed yet nothing was the same either. The entire room was covered in rose petal giving a new look to the room. There were several small candles of odour that brightened the room even with the lights off. Sheerin switched on the light walking inside while Rida stood at the entrance her mouth wide open. There was a rose pathway that led to the bed, either side covered with candles. The round bed was covered with rose petals making the bed look much more romantic than it actually was. The roses gave a perfect contrast look to the black room making the room to look much more beautiful than from the previous time she had seen it.

“I hope you like the setting of the room; it took us an hour to work on it.” Sheerin said and Rida wanted to ask if Rehan was the mastermind behind this but she let it be. She would rather ask him and get an answer rather than asking someone else and end up getting teased.

“It’s beautiful Masha Allah.” Rida whispered giving Sheerin a small smile making her to grin widely at her.

“Now come with me, I will help sit you properly.” Sheerin said and pulled Rida slowly towards the bed making Rida’s heart to hammer. She wanted to protest, she wanted her to know that she was better off standing than sitting in a position she had wished she would never but when she heard the voice of her husband, she felt her throat running dry. She could hear the girls demanding money once again while Rehan was questioning them.

Sheerin adjusted her dress properly in a circle and taking her hand she placed them on her knees while all the while Rida sat there numb not able to think straight. Her mind was running wild. She did not know what would happen tonight but she had her mother give her the talk that was freaking her out more than she could imagine. Sheerin whispered good luck in her ear and hugging her she left the room, joining the girls leaving a nervous Rida all alone.

She sat there with her head lowered playing with her fingers biting her lip heard. Suddenly she heard the click of the knob making her heart to run a marathon. She closed her eyes trying to calm herself down. She heard faint footsteps approaching her making her breathing to even out with each step. She felt the bed dip making her realise that he was now close to her that instantly made her clutch her knees tightly.

She felt her veil slowly being pulled up making her to catch her breath. She could feel her legs wobbly while her hands shivering. She suddenly felt his hand on her head making her to open her eyes to see him mumbling something. She blinked a few times before a small smile crept up her face due to his action. She gazed at him who had a small frown on his forehead probably trying not to leave out on anything.

He opened his eyes to see Rida smiling at him which instantly brought a smile on his face too. He extended his hand to her and without any query she placed her hand in his fully knowing the reason behind it. He helped her get down before bringing out the prayer mat for the both of them. They both stood on the mat facing the qibla, Rehan leading the prayer.

Rida felt the happiness in her as she stood behind him to pray. She had always dreamed about praying behind her husband and she could see it coming true. She silently prayed to the Almighty to fulfil her other dreams too with her husband.

Just as they were done, they stood in between the room both of them busy thinking of what to do next. Rida carried her bridal dress a little towards herself, the weight of the dress making it difficult to let her stand. Understanding her worry, Rehan took the charge and asked her to change her dress in the walk in closet while he would stay behind in the room.