IX. I'm here for you

Aldbourne England him last week of April 1944

As Isabelle heard what her friends did, she ran after them, she was proud but at the same time scared at the results of their actions. As she saw Lipton's face she engulfed him in a hug, she took his face in her hand and looking at the groups of men she asked: "What the heck have you all done?" She yelled leaving Lipton's face, "What were you thinking?, What did Cln. Sink say? Did he dismiss you? Did...." She couldn't finish as Lipton's hand was on her mouth shushing her."Hey, Hey what is that for, I'm just worried." She said slapping his hand out of her face. "I shushed you because you weren't going to stop, now, listen, he didn't do anything to the majority of us, just some punishments, no no one has been dismissed or sentenced to death." She was so happy that the whole thing finished there. "But you didn't tell me what got to you? Why did you do something like that?"

Lipton waited a moment before answering, trying to find the right words to express their reasons, looking at his feet, fearing his friend outcome: "We didn't want to be guided by Sobel, so we arranged the whole process and did it. It was stupid of us but we believe that it was useful, Isabelle something is going to happen. Maybe Cln. Sink will understand that he can't lead a platoon let alone a battalion"
Isabelle was trying to process everything that escaped his lips.
"So you're saying that there's a chance that Sobel will be transferred?" She asked unsure of the response.
"Yes, that's what we think."
Isabelle was surely relieved at the thought that maybe Easy company was going to have a new Captain, but at the same time was worried, what if the new captain is worse, what if it doesn't happen, what if...
She shooked her head trying to think about something else, not inclined to have another bother. She scolded all the man and their behaviour, and then proceeded to go where she was staying, still thinking about all the things that happened this day.

After two or three hours of sleep, she felt a knock on the door. She woke up and went open the door, sure that it was the lady who hosted her, but instead she found herself in front of a tall, redhead, blu eyed, beautiful man who was standing there, playing with his hat and caressing his hand.
"Can we talk?" He asked looking directly at her, she was feeling so many emotions at that moment, it was like anger and sadness were having a boxing match, she felt the urge to cry and hug him, but at the same time, she just wanted to punch him in the face.
"Please?" He asked still trying to catch her gaze that was now fixed on the floor
"Isabelle I need to talk to you, I need to apologise" she snapped out of her box fight "And what for if I may ask?" She questioned with a little irony in her tone.
"Can I come in so we can talk?" She could've closed the door, she could've let him leave, she could or better should've done all these things, instead, she let him come in and slowly she closed the door.
"So, go on I'm listening," she said harshly.
"Ok so, I umh... Ok, I'm really sorry for how I treated you yesterday, you didn't deserve it after all you just tried to help me and... God if I could go back in time I would've hugged you and told how angry I was and how stupid I felt for not being able to do anything." He said coming closer to her as he went on, she just listened, caressing her left upper arm, trying her best to not cry.
"After the encounter with Sobel I was so sad and angry, I couldn't do anything, he is a rank upper than me, I couldn't complain or tell him how stupid he was acting, and I reversed all my rage onto you. I treated badly one of the most important people surrounding me. I'm really sorry, if you don't want to talk to me anymore I can completely understand..." she just hugged him, she slipped her hand around his torso and buried her face under his neck, he was speechless, he couldn't process the events, she fitted perfectly like her height and the size of her body was proportioned on his one. He was feeling her warm body pressed against his. He swiftly surrounded her figure with his arms, pulling her closer wanting... no needing her.

He couldn't believe how perfect that moment was,  nor did she.

That day, some days before their departure, that moment, after their argument, more his than her, that instant with her so close to him, with the breath on his neck and her scent so clear through his nose, for the first time in his entire life he had the courage to name the sensation he was feeling, Yes I'm referring to the emotion that gives him goosebumps when she touch or caress him, or that makes his heart beat faster when she laughs or smile. Yes, the one that has always followed him wherever he went, the one that he has never paid much attention to, the one that he didn't one to feel in the first place.
Right then and there in the year 1944 during WWII, he was in love with the person in his arms, e was mad for the person in his arms.

He could see a future with the person in his arms, but most important he was going to guarantee a future with the person in his arms. Whatever it was going to take.

After a moment, as he was thinking, she replied, not leaving the crook of his neck, barely whispering:
"Stupid, did you really think that I would ever leave you. Of course, I was angry, I was angry because after all the experiences we had together and all the improvement in our relationship you didn't want me with you to help you, that's what hurt me the most. I thought you knew that I'm here to help you, to not anything bring you down. I thought you knew" She said obviously to the man in front of her that she was trying to retain the tears. He felt so sorry, he was the cause of her being sad:
"I'm sorry I treated you like this, it was really stupid of me to not talk to you and react as I did, of course, I know that I can always count on you"

"Good, because you're stuck with me for a very long time," she said lifting her head up and staring in his eyes.
"I know and I couldn't be happier," he said whispering and laying his head on her shoulders and tightening his grip. She caressed his hair, running her hand through his hair.
Her heart skipped a beat and her chest was filled with pure and genuine love for the redheaded men. She smiled like a child in a toy shop, still stroking his hair, feeling his strong masculine scent filling her nose.

"Neither could I," she said murmuring more to herself than to any other to hear.

"Did you say something?" He asked curios. "No, No, nothing important," She said leaving his embrace unwillingly.
"Anyways, I have some news." She stated, trying to find composture again.
"Go on" So she narrated him all the things that lip told her before and about the possibility that Sobel could leave. Richard was angry at his man, but a part of him was relieved at the thought that there were no big consequences and that maybe there was going to be another captain.
Obviously, they both were sorry for Sobel, after all, he trained them he deserved the right to lead them in battle, but he didn't have the needed capacity.

they talked and talked for hours, discussing the future of the company, they didn't even notice that it was dinner time until the lady that hosted Isabelle came up to call her.
"So I'm going to go, goodbye Isabelle." He told her on the front door of the house. he then proceeded to hug her and give her a kiss on the cheek.
"Goodnight Richard" She whispered.
" Oh yes, goodnight and sweet dreams" He replied smiling.

Needless to say that night Isabelle was able to sleep like she hasn't been doing since her arrival in England.