Chapter 4

(FULL BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084FL1CVK)

CHAPTER 4

NAS

A few weeks later...

"What's the problem, Taya?"

She had been standing behind me fuming and tapping her foot against the tiled floor. She seemed to be a little antsy, and I didn't have the slightest idea why. Hell, I hardly even cared because lately, she had been starting pointless arguments over the smallest things.

We'd only been married for three and a half weeks, and she was already nagging.

The fuck is wrong with her?

I had never been in a situation where a woman was over the top and flat out jealous of my baby mama. Taya literally brought Amethyst up every chance that she got, and it was really starting to irritate the hell out of me.

Taya was a beautiful woman and there was no doubt about that. Her mom was black and her dad was Latino so she was a beautiful mix of the two. Her real hair was naturally curly and blonde; it flowed to the middle of her back. She colored it often so at the moment it was red on one side and light pink on the other. Her greyish blue eyes were big and doe-like.

Her skin complexion was considered as high yella and she definitely took after her mom's side of the family. Taya was definitely slim thick with wide hips and a medium sized onion shaped booty. As pretty as she was, I didn't understand her jealousy towards my baby mama.

I folded my son's belongings and placed them into his SpongeBob backpack, zipping it up afterwards.

"I just— I don't want you to drop him off over there. I'd rather have Amethyst come and pick him up." She said with a frown on her face.

I sucked my teeth at the dumb shit that came out of her mouth. "What does me dropping off my son have to do with you Taya? I know you're not still on that same bullshit. Amethyst and I are just friends and you know that."

She stepped closer to me but I put my arm out to gently push her backwards and put a space between us. I didn't need her ass hitting me or trying some shit while my son was still here.

"It doesn't even matter about what I know. It's what I can't see that I'm afraid of. How do I know that you're not over there kissing her or sleeping with her while I'm here being completely oblivious?" She rolled her neck.

I waved her off and began walking out of our bedroom in an attempt to dead the whole conversation.

"Why do you always have to do that? I hate when you walk away from me when I'm talking to you."

I kneeled down in front of my son, who was watching television, and put his sneakers on for him. He was sitting on the couch, licking his fingers clean after eating a bag of Doritos.

"Go wash your hands, little man, before we go."

I didn't want Taya arguing about his mother around him. Children picked up everything and he was old enough to know when something wasn't right between two people.

"Look, baby, I'm really not in the mood for this conversation right now, and I'm sick and tired of explaining this to you. If I wanted Amethyst, then I'd be with her and a ring would be on her finger and not yours. I love you and you know that. This insecure shit is driving me crazy. We have a son together and a friendship, nothing more or less. You're my wife, my world, my life, my bit—"