Chapter 3: Saving a Friend

They were going to kill BT? But why? The child didn't understand, but she had to do something.

???: "Come on. Let's head to the break room, I could use a snack."

The footsteps slowly went away. Whoever was out there was now gone.

Ruby: 'I can't let BT die. He saved me and yet this is how they repay him?'

She looked over to her family, her father, snoring peacefully on the bed, her sister doing the same on the other, and her uncle... well... he's passed out drunk.

She thought of her plan, her plan to save BT, her plan to save her friend. She quietly walked towards her father, grabbed his scroll that he left on the night table, and went out of the room.

She turned on the scroll and found the map of the academy grounds.

Ruby: 'Yes! Operation Rescue is a go! Secret Agent Ruby reporting for duty!'

She then made her way to the exit. Unfortunately, she didn't know about the cameras that were watching her.

General Ironwood's Office

James was just sitting at his desk, doing some late-night paperwork. His scroll then started ringing, which he then picked up. It was apparently Atlas Security.

Ironwood: "This is Ironwood."

Atlas Security: "Sir, we detected something on the cameras, you might want to take a look."

Ironwood then received the video feed, he watched as he saw Ruby walking down the halls, heading to the exit, and proceeded to leave.

Atlas Security: "Would you like me to request a guard to escort her back?"

Ironwood: "No, I'll do it myself, I think I know what's happening."

Ironwood then ended the call, got up and left his office.

Ironwood: *Sighs* "Children and their curiosities."

Repair Hanger Entrance

Ruby was now at the hanger where BT is currently residing.

Ruby: "Yes! Time to save BT."

???: "Save BT? Why would he need saving in the first place?"

Started by the sudden voice, Ruby looked in the direction of where it came from. Ironwood was standing directly in front of her. Ruby then put on a scowl.

Ruby: "Why should you care!? You were gonna get rid of him anyways!"

Ironwood only chuckled at what the little girl said. He then pulled out his scroll.

Ironwood: "I believe you misunderstand, Ruby. Come along, I'll take you to BT, and I'll tell you what we'll do with him."

He opened up the door to the hanger, Ruby followed him to a catwalk in front of BT. BT happened to have his arm and legs repaired but not fully finished.

Ironwood: "Hello BT, how are your systems and chassis?"

BT: "Systems are 73% repaired, Chassis is 62% repaired. Might I ask why Ruby Rose is with you at this time?"

Ruby: "I was worried that you might be getting scraped as soon as you're repaired. I wanted to make sure you're safe."

Ironwood: "I assure you that BT won't be getting scraped or thrown away at all Ruby."

Ruby: "Promise? Pinky Promise?"

Ruby held out her pinky finger towards the general.

Ironwood: "Pinky Promise."