Chapter 4: Protocol 1

Days went by as the repairing of BT went underway.

It was amusing to the mechanics and scientists to see a little girl, excited to see a giant robot. It was also weird to see the girl so fascinated with the robot's weaponry and armaments.

Ruby: "You can shoot lasers?!"

BT: "Affirmative."

Ruby: "Create a fire wave?!"

BT: "Affirmative."

Ruby: "And you have a sword and can go through dimensions?"

BT: "Affirmative."

Ruby had stars in her eyes as she fantasizes about her and BT fighting Grimm and being heroes. She then looked at her dad, who was supervising her, before frowning upon the fact that he already denied her requests of keeping BT.

Yang was also present, finding BT cooler than she thought. She wasn't like Ruby, freaking out over the weapons and such, she was more focused on his abilities.

Yang: "So you have sonar missiles, electric waves, reflective shields and other stuff, what else can you do?"

BT: "In case of multiple hostiles, I am equipped with an Electric Smoke that I dispense around myself. It will electrocute anything in the vicinity of it."

Yang: "I guess that'll give the enemies a shock."

Ruby: "Ugh! Really Yang?"

Yang: "What? It was funny!"

Back at the catwalk, Taiyang was then joined by Qrow. The two of them looked at the children.

Qrow: "So, changed your mind about keeping it?"

Taiyang: "The answer is still no, whether she likes it or not. That thing is not of our world Qrow."

Qrow: "You're overreacting. From what I can tell, it seems harmless to us. And you should be thankful that it saved Ruby."

Taiyang: "She would've been fine if she didn't leave the house that night. She needs to know that she can't have everything."

Qrow: "She also needs to know that you're just afraid of what that thing can do."

Taiyang: "Shut it. I'm surprised you're a teacher with that attitude and drinking problem."

Qrow: "I have my ways."

???: "He certainly does."

The two adults turned around to see Ironwood.

Ironwood: "How do you think he convinced me to come to Patch to see BT?"

Qrow: "Hey Jimmy, where's Glynda?"

Ironwood: "She left a while ago. I told her that her services wouldn't be needed anymore."

Qrow: "Well considering the fact that we're in a place where a lot of your robots are getting repaired, I guess she wouldn't be needed any longer."

Taiyang: "So how are the repairs going?"

Ironwood: "Thanks to BT's schematics and blueprints, we were able to get the exact measurements for his chassis. His systems were a bit hard, but luckily he was able to help out with restoring his programming. Finally, his power source, we designed a specialized battery that contains Lightning Dust Crystals. It will last longer than his previous power source."

Qrow: "So no need to change batteries all the time."

Ironwood: "Exactly."

Taiyang: "So, who's gonna pilot him?"