something of mine

title: partners in crime - finneas

elizabeth's POV

---------------------------------

i have a check up today. i texted ethan and he says he can't wait to see me. it seems like forever since we saw each other last. god i've missed him. 

we get to the hospital and go through all the tests. they say i'm doing great and we get down to the game room. i see ethan patiently waiting, playing minecraft with a present sitting next to him. "ethan!" i exclaim. "e! you look so beautiful. your hair!" he smiles widely as he sees me. "cute" billie giggles. i get to him and hug him tightly. "i've missed you so much" i tell him, kissing his cheek. "i've missed you too e, it's so boring without you here. your hair looks amazing, even better than the pictures" he explains with the same big smile. "i know, i'm so entertaining. and thank you, that's really sweet." i joke. "you are. by the way, i got you something" he says, handing me the gift that was next to him. "you really didn't have to do that" i smile and put my hands over my heart. "i actually got you something too" i add, looking over at billie. "oh, yeah" she remembers and looks through her backpack, handing me the gift i had gotten for ethan several days ago. i hand it to him and he smiles.

i open it and find a small box. i take the lid off of the box and find tons of envelopes. they're all labeled 'open when' with a situation following. "so you understand you can't open them all on the same day right? or i'll be upset" he warns me. "i get it, i get it" i laugh. he finally opens his gift and his jaw drops. he looks like he's about to cry. "thank you so much e. i love them" he smiles and hugs me. "finneas got me some and i thought you'd like them. they're actually really comfortable." i explain. i got him a few beanies in different colors because he always wore one wherever he went but complained that it was itchy. he takes out the light green one that matches mine and puts it on. "very handsome" i giggle. "i know right" he laughs and poses. mum forces us to take a picture and i kiss his cheek as he puts his arm around me. "cute" she smiles as she looks at it, showing it to everyone. "can we have a moment alone? just for a second?" i ask. "of course" mum nods, leading everyone out. 

"ethan, i've really really missed you. you're all i think about. i just wanted to say thank you for getting me through this and fighting through everything. i'm so proud of you" i tell him, trying not to tear up. "i've really missed you too e. you run around my mind all day and all night. and i am so proud of you, you've gotten so far. i'm never going to stop fighting this and you're the reason. you're my reason for everything." he responds, wiping a tear from his eye and then from my cheek. he cups my cheek in his hand and starts leaning closer. i lean in and meet him in the middle, closing my eyes as our lips meet. i smile against the kiss and i taste tears slide into my mouth. i pull away and wipe my eyes as he does the same. "i love you e" he smiles, holding my hand and squeezing it. "i love you too ethan" i say, looking out the window on the door and seeing elle and billie fight to look through. i laugh a little and he kisses my hand. i gesture for them to come in and billie runs to us. 

"lizzy's got a boyfriend, lizzy's got a boyfriend" she chants. "ethan and my sister, sittin in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g" elle sings with billie's hands in hers, swinging their arms as they dance around the room. "shut up" i roll my eyes and throw a pillow at them. "i'm sorry to tell you, but we gotta go." mum frowns. "oh. okay. i'll um... i'll text you" i smile weakly and stand up. "i love you e" he says with a small smile, though he looks like he may start crying again. "i love you too ethan" i respond. he grabs my hand and kisses it before squeezing it and letting it fall to my side. i follow everyone out and wave to him, seeing him wave back and wipe his tears. 

god i'm gonna miss him