Sixteen: Jin

a/n: oh my gosh why is he so pretty i could watch this gif for hours

June 20, 2019
Seoul, South Korea

"MY BABIES!"

I run through the doors of the house, leaving everyone in the dust, and hurry to my kitchen. I kiss the surfaces of my beautiful countertops—they still look brand new—and press my cheek against the clean, cold marble.

"Hyung...you good?" Taehyung pats me on the back and I squeeze out some dramatic sobs for him. It earns me his little giggle as a reward. Mission accomplished.

"Yes, yes, I'm alright," I say even more dramatically, wiping some tears from beneath my eyes. "It's just been so long since I've been in my kitchen. Areum, you've done so well taking care of it."

"I just ordered food in most of the time..." she says softly.

Yoongi wraps his arm around her waist. They make eye contact and smile softly at each other.

"Can we sleep?" he asks me. Yoongi has to be the most consistent member out of us all. You never have to guess what he wants.

"Um, you better not be thinking of sleeping through dinner again, Min Yoongi," I say, waving a finger of disapproval at him.

He rolls his eyes. "Fine, I'll wake up for dinner. Can I go sleep?"

Areum looks sweetly at me. "Can we? I haven't slept very well here since everyone's been gone for so long."

I roll my own eyes now. "Yes, go. Sleep, do whatever. You'd think the two of you might be a little different from each other."

Areum giggle and Yoongi simply pulls her by her hand down the hall. Jimin and Namjoon also make their ways to their rooms. Even of only half a day, travel can still be exhausting on the body. I open up the cabinets to look for dinner, finding some spicy peppers, green onions, and ten ramen packets remaining in the house.

"Min-hee," Taehyung says softly to the woman who's been quiet ever since entering the house. She turns to look at the younger member.

"Yes?" she asks.

Taehyung looks nervously down at his hands, picking at his fingernails. "Would you be able to...translate for me?" he asks softly.

Her brows furrow. "What for?"

He bites the peeling skin on his lip. "I want to FaceTime my soulmate, but we have a really severe language barrier. If you're not gonna sleep, will you help me?"

I smile softly as I open up the ramen packages and get out the vegetables. Over the last few weeks as our schedule started slowing down, Taehyung and Elle started talking more. He had more free days, she had graduated high school, they had time to devote to each other now. They've been texting anytime they can and calling anytime Namjoon or Areum were free to translate for them. Taehyung's tried to avoid asking Min-hee since she's been pretty short tempered the last month. But with the other two sleeping, he seems to have no choice.

"Isn't it too early in America to call her right now?" Min-hee picks at her own nails, not paying much attention to Taehyung's request.

My young friend hesitantly looks over to me. I simply nod, encouraging him to continue on.

"Yeah, it's early, but she's working early today. She said she's getting ready for work if I wanted to talk for a little bit, you know, while she does her makeup and stuff.

"Well...I was thinking of unpacking since we're here now," MIn-hee says instead. My brows furrow. I wasn't expecting her to deny him, nobody should be denied communication with their soulmate.