Chapter 16 (Edited)

Change is something that a human has to go through his whole life but sitting on bed in suite of a very well known hotel in Rome. This wasn't the change that I was expecting. Last time I came in Rome with my husband Hudayfah Khan and now I was here with my new husband Zakariya Adams.

It was me who decided to go to Rome instead of Istanbul. We were in a hotel which had walking distance to most famous place like spanish steps, trevi de fountain. We were here since two days. We had visited many places and at every place, it felt like a deja vu.

We were dressed to check some famous spot before having dinner. We spent the afternoon checking out some museums. Zakariya was dressed in jeans a and simple dark blue shirt and leather jacket. I was wearing a plain long black maxi with my hair loose.

Now we were visiting trinita de monti church. We were now inside the church. I have been here before with Hudayfah. My arm was wrapped around Zaki's arm as we both took in the church from inside. I remember that when we were in Rome Hudayfah was carefree and playful. He would do things that were totally unexpected.

I was standing there when my eyes fell on a couple. The women was in deep green ankle reaching dress with a man beside her in dark navy pant suit. The man and women both had black hair. The women hair were in loose waves. The man was distracted in observing the church when that women taking advantage of his distraction slowly slid away from his grasp.

She was just running out of the door of church when the man noticed her absence and caught sight of her.

He called her in a loud voice. The husky deep voice of man rang in my ear. "Noor."

The women looked at him with mirth in her eyes and smirked at him. The man ran behind her to catch her. Their giggles of happiness were echoing in church.

A voice calked out my name. I found Zakariya studying me with concern in his eyes. I looked out at the door to find the couple disappeared like they weren't even there.

It was a memory that was playing my mind. It was late at night when we were visiting the church. We just had dinner and we found ourselves here. There were not many people here at that time.

I turned to Zakariya pulling myself away from memory lane. I wrapped my arms tightly around his and looked up at him as I said. "I heard the view of sunset is beautiful from the steps."

"Lead the way." He said.

We walked out of church. We started walking down the spanish steps with our eyes on sky that was portraying orange pink, yellow hues. A part of sun was peaking from between building but it slowly started to disappear until it was no more. The darkness started to grow as the sun was no more.

As darkness grew. Everything around me also was pushed into background until I could feel no more the touch of Zake's arm. I saw the couple walking ahead of us. Everything was zeroed on the past me. The past me with Hudayfaah.

Hudayfah had me on his back. My chest against his back and my arms around his neck. My one hand was holding my heels. His hands on my thighs holding me in place with my legs dangling on his sides. He was walking down the steps while bearing my wight.

I could hear myself talking in whiny voice. "We are going to fall. Put me down."

"Have a little trust in me, Love." His husky deep voice answered.

"I should have never agreed to this." I again whined. "I must be heavy." I said exasperatedly.

"No. You are light as feather." He answered smoothly.

"Stop lying." I spoke while jabbing him on his back.

"Ouch." I felt burning pain on my ass cheek as his palm fell on it.