Epilogue

Daniel said he's still going to America. But before I left him to do just that, I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. I knew I was going to miss him, and I knew he was going to miss me more. 

Christopher said his goodbyes, too, and hugged Daniel. I knew it was hard for them both, but they forgave each other. I smiled because of that, just like I had when I boarded Christopher's ship.

And then we set sail, and for a while, after we left, I just gazed out across the vast ocean, thinking of all the events that got me to where I was. 

"What are you doing out here? It's cold," Christopher said behind me and tossed a blanket over me. I pulled it against myself and turned back to the water.

It was close to sunset, and the sky's colors dipped down into the ocean. It couldn't have been more beautiful.

"So, where are you taking me now, pirate?" I said and leaned against him.

I felt Christopher go stiff against me, so I turned around instead.

"What is it?" I asked, searching his face.

Christopher sighed. "I got a letter from my father. Fish just gave it to me."

I got worried then. "What did your father say?"

Christopher smirked. "Well, I guess you're going to find out for yourself. What would you say about going to Scotland?"

I smiled. "I would say, Scotland here we come."

***

A/N

Well, that's it! Thank you all for reading! I hope you enjoyed it! Be sure to check out the second book!

Anne: Thank you all for reading. Vote and comment if you are excited about my journey to Scotland!

Christopher: Vote if you think you want me to marry her!

Anne: Sorry what? I wasn't listening

Christopher: Nothing. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Author: Vote, comment, and share!