Chapter 58: My Time [Kaya]

[Kaya's Perspective]

Lovely, lovely me...

I was hit by a speeding truck and transported to my favorite online novel: The Alluring Aria. The person I transmigrated as was the heroine of the said novel.

The novel is about a femme fatale that captures all men in her grasp and eventually becomes Queen after capturing all of the other male targets in a reverse harem ending.

It is a big step up from my past life as a plain and ugly middle aged woman who did nothing but work seven days a week for minimum wage. In my original world, I was horrendously ugly with being fat and having acne all over my face and never had a boyfriend in my life, but now I was a young beauty with a slim body and long black hair that was like silk.

I definitely drew the jackpot of reincarnations, so I thought that I might as well make a harem for myself since I acquired this new face and heroine status.

However, things just do not seem to go my way...

Every time I approached the male targets in the novel, they seemed wary of me and would always put me at a distance. If that was not all, the villainess Arielle is too different from the novel. She was supposed to be a cold and indifferent character who only cared about becoming Queen and hated me for attracting the attention of her would be fiancé and other male targets.

For some reason, she has not bullied me in the slightest and is apparently so loved by the people as well as all of the male targets. That is why I could only seduce second-rate men to follow me around. Despite having several men wait hand and feet on me, I am still being compared to her.

An eyesore!

Anyone who is loved more than me is an eyesore!

I was always being upstarted by everyone around me in my past life no matter what I have done.

That is why I got rid of her at a difficult place to leave from. There were three bridges to cross a great rift divide. One bridge was in good working condition that I used to transport her. Another bridge was in tatters and another bridge was already on the verge of snapping.

After destroying the good bridge, she would probably rather take her chances on the bridge that is on the verge of snapping than take a path down a treacherous mountain. A normal Noble girl from a sheltered life probably does not have much knowledge on architectural design of bridges after all. As a result, she will fall to her death without me spilling blood on my hands.

Closing loose ends feels wonderful!

"Your Highness!"

I carried around calla lilies in my hands and walked around the flower garden in search of him without his attendants.

"You are Lady Ouchi?" he said.

"Yes, I am so glad that you remembered me!" I said happily.

Prince Erik was my favorite character. When the online novel released an illustration of him, I fell in love. This person was so beautiful with his perfect flaxen blonde hair and shimmering emerald green eyes. On top of that all, he was a real Prince!

"Are those calla lilies?"

"I am so glad that you noticed them, Your Highness. These are freshly picked calla lilies that I grew in my garden. Don't you think they are very beautiful?"

I did not really grow them. I hired people to take care of them because I know that these flowers are Prince Erik's favorite.

"...I do. They happen to be my favorite flowers," Prince Erik said.