chapter thirty two

Raphael's POV
"I'm sorry" she mutters quietly again pulling her knee to her chest.

"No, no, its okay" i say quickly wearing my shirt and bringing her to hug me. She wraps her small hands around me and breathes into my neck.

I help her wear her dress and we lay there quietly.

"Im sorry i got scared" she says again, her big eyes looking up at me.

"Its totally fine, i should have asked you first" i say giving her a small smile for her to know that it was truly fine.  If she wanted to wait, i would wait till she was fully ready. I lay on the bed and she scoots beside and rests her head on my shoulder.

"Why are you such a gentleman?" She muses giving me a light peck on my cheek. I only hold her tighter as a response.

"We would visit the museum tomorrow,  we can also take loads of pictures" i say and watch as her face lightens up.

"I love the museum!" She exclaims like a little girl who just got candies.

"And i love you" i give her a light kiss on her forehead and her expeession brightens even more.

Few minutes later, she falls asleep on my shoulder and with the minutes that follow by, sleep overcomes me too.

Emiliana's POV
i wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I try to ignore it thinking of it to be a scam call but it rings again and again and i could not ignore it. Could there be a problem?

I turn around and Raphael is still snoring quietly. The events of the previous night comes as a rush and i immediately feel bad. It was all just so sudden and unexpected and i wasnt ready. Piero was the only person that i was ready to go to that extent with and things went the other way.

I knew i was ready with Raphael but i just wanted to take things slow. My phone rings again and i quietly stand without making any noise. The number is an unknown number and a chill runs down my spine thinking of what the caller might say. I pick up

"Meet me outside the house and dont think about telling Raphael " i recognized Raphael's mother's voice. Her shrill and annoyinly calm voice.

I debate on whether to wake Raphael and she clearly said not to so i get up and straighten the wrinkles on my dress and put my hair behind my ear. I take on last look on Raphael sleeping peacefully before i leave.

She is leaning on a black mercedes Benz, wearing a purple sleeveless dress and black jacket. Her eyes are as emotionless as usual.

"I thought you wouldnt show" she drags each word flexing her slim fingers with gold rings.

"What are you doing here?" I try to sound as angry as possible. I wasnt actually angry, i was scared. His mother always brings bad news.

"I see you are enjoying your time with my son" she tries to smile but and angry scowl crosses her face.

"We are happy together" my voice becomes low and she cackles in response.

"Happy? I think you are far from it" she reaches into her bag and brings out two envelopes. One bulky and one thin.

"Raphael has a meeting with the board members and its fast approaching.  I have the power to have him removed from the seat of CEO" she says standing straight.

"What does that have to do with me" i ask again and her face contours with anger.

"I want you to leave him. Trust me im tired of doing this too. But this will be the last because its for good. If you leave, he has his position and i dont think i need to tell you the latter"