Chapter Fifty-One

James

"James, wake up -Oh," I heard Drake shout. I flinched at his sound and reached for my pillow with my eyes closed and pulled it towards me. My palm wrapped around a squishy surface, that I didn't hesitate to squeeze. I heard Drake gasp again. Curious to see why Drake gasped, I opened an eye. I jolted awake, almost feeling an electric shock to see my hand resting on Alina's breast. She laid close to me, fully clothed, her breathing calm and slow. I looked at my palm that rested on her breast for a few seconds. I could feel the rhythm of her breath. Tingles ran all over my body and it didn't take much time before I was sporting a full boner.

"Shit." I groaned and pulled my hand away gently. I remembered Alina falling asleep next to me last night and I also recalled staring at her while she slept. I couldn't even recall when I fell asleep right next to her.

The sudden loss of touch made me upset. My wolf purred at the back of my mind, urging me to mount and take what belonged to me. I decided to ignore all the grunts and growls my wolf was throwing at me. He has never been this active ever since Alina left. I was amazed just how her presence healed my wolf. She was more effective than Drake's portions, hell I must admit his portions were effective. It was his potions alone that allowed me to keep my wolf.

I really need to talk to you. Stop thinking about boning, I'm still inside the room. - Drake mind-linked me.

I acknowledge his presence that completely slipped out of my mind for a moment. I was more focused on Alina's boobs than I was on what Drake had to stay.

I looked at Alina once again. She was sleeping peacefully. My heart swelled up with adoration. It felt crazy as to how important she was to me even though we were not even well acquainted.

James. - Drake called again. I turned my head towards him and glared. I carefully got off the bed, covered Alina with a blanket and left the room along with Drake.

"You seriously did not bone her last night." Drake gasped as we entered the library.

I sighed. "I wish." I felt guilty for leaving her all alone in the room. My wolf was whining in my head. He was telling me to get back to the bed and curl up to her. He wanted to bury his snout on her neck.

"You do realise you are stuck between Hailey and Alina," Drake whispered.

"I know. I swear you are so better off with no mate." I groaned and palmed my face. I had no idea what I was going to do.

How the hell was I supposed to balance both my duty and my attraction towards Alina?

Drake shrugged and said, "I guess we will have time to figure all that out after we survive that is."

I nodded. I still wanted to get back in bed and snuggle with Alina. I couldn't even believe how needy and desperate I felt.

"So-" Drake cleared his throat awkwardly, "-I am afraid what I am going to tell you is definitely going to kill your erection."

I snorted. It was nothing new.

He always killed my boners.

"What is it?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'll just give you a brief version of everything that happened while you were knocked out." Drake started, "After the bullet pierced you, Alina came along with Jace. I heard you ran into her at the Graveyard of Doom?"

I nodded my head and waited for him to continue.

"Hailey was excessively mourning and, due to her lack of strength, we had to keep her sedated in another room. Otherwise, she would have died mourning." Drake explained. "It was difficult managing everyone from questioning Alina's appearance as no one is aware of her stance as your mate. We just said she is our friend from another pack."

I nodded once again. The guilt of doing something wrong to Hailey crawled inside my head. Infidelity, was I cheating on her?

"James, stop spacing out like that and listen to me." Drake waved his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah." I shook all the thoughts out of my mind and looked at him. He walked off to the bookshelf and pulled out the Book of Myths. The same old rusty book that had our present and future condensed within itself. He placed the book on the table and pulled two chairs for us to sit on.

I took a seat watched him do the same. He opened the book and showed me some of the myths.

"James," He began, "I think we need to crack these." He said pointing at the myths.

I looked at what it said.

Pride of those
May never regain
Fall of the crown
May bring its tale.

I growled as soon as I read those words. The myths never made any fucking sense.

"Fall of the crown, I feel that it refers to our position." Drake articulated, "I feel even the book is mocking us in some way."

Before I could reply, I heard the door creak open and Jace walked inside.

"I knew I'd find you two here." He said and took a seat right next to us.

Jace looked at me, "I went to your room, found your mate sleeping."

I gulped.

"Anything in specific you want to say?" I asked looking at Jace.

He nodded. "So the abandoned wolf we caught last night is persistent enough to not speak. We have sent a formal letter to one of our neighbouring Alphas. They are willing to help us fight the abandoned wolves. We are expecting the Alpha and some of their members in an hour or so."

"Why would you even ask for help? You do realise it will expose all our vulnerabilities to them." I yelled.

Jace shook his head. "We are all vulnerable right now. Most of our neighbours are dead. Thousands of werewolves are dead. Twenty Alphas have been killed so far. There is not much we can do but accept whatever help someone has to offer."

"But-"

"Look, James, we are not stupid enough to let some other packs control us. We just need the assistance." Drake stated calmly interrupting me.

I exhaled and nodded, hoping the external help would benefit our pack.

Author's note:

Next update: Friday.