Chapter Seventy

Alina

"Oh, and your brother, Alpha Andrew, is dead as well." The shifter said with a smile. "It was rather hard to kill him as he kept on slipping away from our grasp. If you are wondering, we strangled him to death with a silver chain."

The shifter moved his hands in the air, demonstrating strangling gestures in front of us.

I gasped. The sudden feeling of hatred towards the shifter in front of me increased rapidly. I was at the verge of snapping at him, biting his neck, until he laid dead in front of me.

How could someone possibly be so cruel?

"What happened next?" Neil asked. He noticed my sudden rise of turmoil and mind-linked me to stay calm.

I exhaled, trying to cool my nerves.

"What's wrong, sweet cheeks?" The shifter frowned looking at me. "Don't test me."

"What?"

"I know what you are thinking. Don't try me. Hurting me will only destroy your kind further. If you want that then you are free to take me down." He threatened. "So, do you want me to continue?"

"Yes, please," Ron said, throwing a quick glance at me.

The shifter, who looked like Luke, rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask you. I asked my sweet cheeks."

"Continue." I gulped, aware that the information he was going to give us, would wreck our minds even further.

"What was I saying again?" He looked confused. He rubbed his chin and said, "Ah, right, so that dumb bitch and your brother are dead. We killed them."

"You are yet to tell us why you killed them?" I asked. The anticipation of the mystery got the best of me.

"There is a lot more to that, sweet cheeks." He calmly stated. "So we needed to use your own kind against you, considering how attacking by our own selves would heighten the risks of us losing our lives. Numbers matter, you know."

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Explain."

"I knew werewolves were dumb, but I never thought they would be this dumb." He snickered. "So we instigated the abandoned wolves to go and attack the packs. They are basically our pawns."

"Why did you do such a thing? How did you even convince them to go against us?"

"It was very easy, trust me on that. All we had to do was just kill some of them and then blame it on the Alphas. Again, werewolves have thick brains." The shifter laughed. "They never thought about it and wanted to avenge the death of their family members, two birds killed with one stone."

"What are you looking for?" Neil asked, getting straight to the point. "Where is Luke?"

"I am Alpha Luke." The shifter gave us an ominous smile. I had never seen someone smile so much in my entire life. "We have been sneaking into packs, shifting forms, to gather information. We had to kill some of the guards who saw us shift, so there is that. Also, I need my sweet cheeks to make a deal with me."

"Did you kill Drake and Hailey?" I asked.

He raised an eyebrow. "Technically no, it was the abandoned wolves who killed them, but we might have ordered them to do so."

"Why would you do something like that? Why would you destroy homes and kill wolves? We never harmed you or did anything wrong to you. You are sick for doing this to us." I shouted at him. Tears streamed down my face as I cursed him at the top of my lungs.