Chapter 18 - Celestial Distancing

(Image is not mine and belongs to the owner)

---

Feng Jiu woke up in her bed. Her head was hazy and she felt dizzy.  She could tell by the light coming from the carved out window within the stone cave walls that it was morning, maybe even late morning. Migu came into her room and sat down beside her. 

He didn't say anything and just looked down at her sadly. "He didn't come did he?"

The little highness sat up slowly and looked up at him. "No, how did you know?" she asked meekly.

"I found you sleeping on the quilt under the tree by yourself. I figured if he came he wouldn't have left you there alone. You got sad and ate the food all by yourself didn't you?" said Migu knowingly.

Her stomach growled and he looked at her worryingly. "You haven't eaten.  Who ate the food then?" 

"His spiritual Snow Lion came and kept me company," she said, still not quite believing that Dong Hua hadn't come see her. Her brain was processing everything very slowly.

"I'm going to go get you some food and something to drink, I'll be right back." He gave he a small scratch on the top of her head before he stood up to leave.

She sat there frozen. Within several moments Migu came back.

"Someone's here to see you." Upon seeing a hopeful look flash over her face, he felt deeply sad for her. "It's not him, it's the Star Lord, Si Ming."

"Si Ming, greets Her Highness Bai Feng Jiu," he said as he bowed deeply.

"You don't have to bow to me, Si Ming. Is it Dijun? What's wrong?" she said with a look of worry on her pale face.

"His Majesty asked me to come tell you that he's ... gone into seclusion and doesn't know when he will be out ... he said it may be several hundred years ... he also said for you not to wait for him." 

"Not wait for him? But, why now go into seclusion? Is something wrong?" she asked with a rising sense of panic.

"I'm sorry but he didn't say anything else." Si Ming hated that he had to lie to her but Dong Hua had given his specific orders.

" Si Ming hated that he had to lie to her but Dong Hua had given his specific orders