THIRTY TWO

Aaj Usne Rulaya Hai,
Jisne Muskurana Sikhaya Tha...

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Everything seemed to stop for her when he uttered those words. She wasn't able to believe her ears, thinking she was mistaken hearing him.

"Can you please repeat what you said ? I think I heard you wrong."

Looking inside his tired eyes she waited for him to repeat what he said, thinking her heart was playing a sick game with her.

"I want you to marry Mustafa, dove."

He repeated what he said earlier and this time with much confidence, seeing her face expressions turning to that of shock and then she laughed loudly at his face.

"Aisa mazak kaun karta hai Murat."

And then she lightly pushed him out of her room, asking him to get ready quickly, controlling her laugh not able to believe what he said.

"Main mazak nahi kar raha and I am very serious."

Before she could close the door of her room, he stopped her and held her arms, making her look inside his eyes for her to know that he was serious, very serious.

"Tumhara dimaag to theek hai na Murat ? I am supposed to marry you not him."

She screamed, fisting the collar of his shirt in her mehendi claded hands which had acquired the deepest shade of red that anyone could trace each and every design on them.

"Mera dimaag theek hai and that's why I want you to marry him. NOW!!"

His eyes held softness in them when he asked her to marry Mustafa. It was as if she was a stubborn child and he was convincing her to eat medicine which she didn't wanted but it was the only cure to her disease.

Love was the disease her heart was suffering from and it could be cured by Mustafa who was her medicine, the only hope to heal her heart which she was not ready to accept.

"So that means you won't marry me. Right ?"

Leaving his collar she looked in his eyes which gave her the answer to her question. He was hopeful for her to say yes to marry Mustafa for which she wasn't ready at all.

"Yes, because you are marrying him."

He answered his dominant voice booming inside the whole room with finality, telling she was getting married and she had no choice but to say yes. She was shocked seeing his dominant side but nonetheless kept her stance, answering him with all the confidence she had within herself.

"No, I am not. If not you then no one else. Especially not him."

"But you promised me, dove and you can't back now."

The flicker of emotion in her eyes didn't got unnoticed by him. He saw the hurt look on her face when he raised his voice, regretting it immediately. He wasn't angry at her but he was getting frustrated seeing her stubborn self. He knew convincing her would be difficult but he wasn't ready to give up. If she was stubborn then he was twice stubborn than she was.

"I can and I will. It's my life and I decide to marry whomsoever I want."

Narrowing her eyes at him she gave her final decision, not at all ready to listen to him and turned around showing her back to him.

"You said you trust me. You said you trust me with all your life and now I can see how much you trust me."

He accused of her for not trusting him knowing well she did, and narrowed his eyes at her to show how much disappointed he was with her for not trusting him, not aware of the emotional turmoil she was going through.