Messing With The Wrong One

I woke up to my phone ringing, with half closed eyes I saw who was calling me this early. My cell flashed ' Dad' and I picked it up.

" Good morning sweetheart ".

" Dad, good morning, I'm sleepy "

" I know you aren't a good listener when you are sleepy but it's important".

After hearing the word important, I was wide awake and sat upright.

" What is it ?"

" I know we haven't talked from some days but, there is a thing which I want you to do "

" Yes ", I said hoping dad wouldn't know about my recent struggles but also knowing that he knows what's happening to me every second.

" I know that it's the middle of the year but I want you to join the business class at Winston's ".

My eyes widened, I couldn't believe what he was saying, " Dad, you know all the rich students take that class, I will be all alone. How will I maintain my cover? What excuses will I give? Also dad haven't I taken enough business classes. Heck I even did an internship at our company ."

" I know sweetie, but there's a new professor joined this year and I know for a fact that he's one of the best."

" Can't I learn from him later, I will take classes from him if it's so necessary, but not when I'm in Winston's " I said desperately.

" Unfortunately he doesn't do private classes and it will be a new experience for you, I have ready sent your request to change classes from geography, you never liked that subject anyway".

" Dad, you can't just do that you have to ask me first, what's gotten into you?"

" Sir we are getting late for the meeting " I could hear his secretary's voice in the background.

" I got to go, sorry but I have my reasons it will be good I promise bye honey".

" Bye dad. "

I dumped my phone on the bed. I could not believe dad would do something like this without asking me, maybe he had his reasons still I needed to know what I was getting into. How was I supposed to explain to people why I'm taking a business class, no one else dared to. I knew why. They were all a lot to deal with, constant nagging, and snide comments. I could see Veronica smiling as she snubbed me once again, I groaned remembering what happened two days back. I didn't regret stepping in but I also didn't know how long this cycle was going to last. Every time one of them humiliated me my blood boiled but I had to force myself to calm down, knowing that whatever I do would cost me.

      Still irritated, I wondered what Veronica had in store for me today, yesterday she ' accidentally tripped ' carrying the waste paper basket and set down all the cuttings over me. I had learned not to expect any kindness from her and her gang. I didn't give her the satisfaction either, I had just walked away and changed my clothes. She had a never ending list of things she could do and I felt like she was hell bent on breaking my patience.

          I brushed and took a bath. I wanted to feel confident, so I picked out a beautiful black halter top and a pair of jeans. I came down to see Ray munching his food as usual. When he saw he coming down he dropped his spoon down and stared. I caught his gaze and blushed.

" Is it bad? Should I change ?" I asked him with nervousness that surprised me. I used to be always confident but then I hadn't worn body fit clothes since I came to California well except if you consider my work uniform.

" You look really pretty" he said averting his gaze.

We ate talking about what today's schedule was.
" What do you think Veronica will do today".