Showtime

We held an impromptu meeting. Everyone was outraged by what trolls did. Sam was anxious. I pitched the idea of a luminous dress.

" We would need fiber optic cables, you can easily modify your incomplete piece "

" Will it work?" April asked.

" It will but we will need someone to look after the mechanics of it all "

" I'm on it " Brian said typing furiously on his laptop.

    " If it works, we could light up the whole dress and then change it's colours "

  " Oh wow " Joy exclaimed.

" Do we have the budget to buy them?" " Ray asked looking concerned.

" We do have it but we will have to cut out our accessories " Eva said.

Sam's face fell, but Grace chirped in. "Instead of buying them we can rent, my aunt has a shop it's far but she will give complete access with only a few dollars "

" Great idea Grace " Joy yelled.

" We just have fifteen days, will they be enough?" Sam asked.

" We have fifteen days and enough pair of hands " I said smiling at her.

" What about the model, Victoria will make sure that no one agrees ".

  There was chilling silence.
   " I'll do it, if you want me, Sam I'll do it" I said gathering up the courage.

    " Will you really ?"

     " I may have to work hard but that's ok also I have the body type the same as Chloe you won't have to make many changes ".

    " It's done then, we both can teach you what we know " April said happily.

     " What about the makeup?"

      " I have someone who would help" Eva said smiling.

        " Someone who we can trust?" I asked.

         " You can trust her alright, but your ears may burst from how much she talks, It's Crystal, my little sister ". Eva said smiling.

     " She will do just fine " Sam said.

   " All set then we may just have to work our asses but hey it's worth it " I said winking.

      The next days went by flying. We missed classes and brought the things. Straightened countless wires and Sam arranged them. We could see the dress coming to life. It was beautiful. It had a sweetheart neck adorned with roses that scattered down. When the switch was turned it turned blue and white. The upper portion was white which slowly went on turning blue. We once switched off the light and turned it on. It looked gorgeous. Grace already made arrangements for the accessories. I was to wear a tiara and sparkly heels. Eva had a beautiful hair clip and plane white heels. April had a gorgeous necklace and silver heels. The principal had called us and she told us that we could participate. I was secretly thanking the unknown caller. I had practiced day and night to not fumble and fall.
          Only three days were remaining. The participants from other colleges had started to arrive. We were chatting among ourselves when we saw the trolls coming.

        " How's that dress coming up?" Charlotte said smirking.

        " Pretty good, you know, you really pushed me to my limits. I created a dress that was better than my original all thanks to you " Sam said giving her a dramatic bow.

          Charlotte looked startled believing Sam and feeling nervous.

      " It doesn't matter how good of a dress you create we will win. We have a judge on our side," Ashley said folding her hands.