Chapter 9 - Feeding hungry heroes

"Hey, kid,"

You look up from your phone to see Tony at the door with a sheepish smile. "Hey, Iron ass," you decided soon that it wasn't their fault because they didn't know about the whole mind control thing so you forgave them, not in person but, you know... the smile that you put on welcomed Tony into the room.

"Cap said to give you this while he was on a mission," he hands you a paper and you start to read over it.

Every weekday you will go for a run with me for an hour then you will get back and train with Natasha, hand to hand combat. You start when I get back from this mission. See you soon

- Steve

"When does he get back?" You place the note on your bedside table.

"Next Monday so you have a two days," you nod. "Oh, and you're on dinner duty tonight, got any recipe you want to try out?" Thinking for a while you remember one recipe that's easy to do.

"Kalops," A confused look plastered Tony's face, you chortle and elaborate. "It's like a Swedish beef burgundy," his face was still confused. "Beef in red wine," realisation hits him and his stomach grumbles.

"Sounds good, we may not have everything so you can go to the store with someone," he was about to leave before you asked.

"Can I take Thor? He may be able to help, and I also don't have money..." you cringe at having to ask for money.

"Right! I haven't given you a card yet," you look confused before he passes you a platinum card with your name on it. You struggle to form words. "No need to say thanks, nosedive, just get that meal cooking soon!"

You salute and quickly change into casual clothing. Putting on your shoes, you pocket your phone, shiny new card and trek to find Thor.

"Why hadn't you told me?!" The muffled sounds from Loki's room caused you to stop.

"It was none of your business, you oaf!"

"It is every bit of my business! I am your brother!"

"YOU ARE NOT MY BROTHER!" The door swings open the slams shut, Thor storming out looking frustrated.

"Hey, Thor," you say as if you didn't hear anything.

"Y/n! What may I do for you?" He plastered a smile.

You chuckle and take his hand. "I was wondering if his majesty would accompany me to the store for supplies for tonight's dinner,"

He chuckles and agrees to come. "What is on the menu for tonight?" He asks when you approached the elevator.

"Kalops!"

He gasps. "You're jesting," you shake your head. "Oh this is wonderful! I haven't had Kalops since I was a child! Mother would always make it for Loki and I," you smile as he pondered on the memory. "How shall we get to this store?"

"I was going to walk-" Mjølnir was summoned and you burst into laughter as you heard a shout from Tony.

"I JUST FIXED THAT WALL!"

"Or I guess we can fly?"

He nods and gestures for you to enter the elevator first. Reaching the lobby you and Thor exited the building catching attention of a few passerby's. Thor grabs you by the waist and you hold on tight, he swings Mjølnir and you quickly feel sick. Flying via hammer? Not your thing.

~~~

"How did you learn to make Kalops?" Thor asked as he pushed the trolley, gliding like a child through the aisles. You giggle and place in a bag of carrots as he passed.