Chapter 18 ✅

Chapter Eighteen- Nothing and everything

As soon as we stepped inside the door at one in the morning, the lights around the living room switched back on and my heart fell.

I jumped back in surprise, staring at mad beyond recognition Alden with red face and arms tightly crossed over his chest. Jeanette jumped up from the couch and rushed to us, grabbing both of us in a hug. A sob escaped her lips and she pulled away. Her beautiful eyes were pool of tears. She stood looking between me and Easton, back and forth. I didn't know if she was furious or happy to see us.

Then both their eyes settled on my torso.

I was freezing cold and my drenched dress didn't help. Easton had a spare hoodie in his car and gave it to me. It was dark purple and long sleeved. It smelled just like him and I knew I might not give it back to him. The arms of the hoodie were too long and I had kept them pushed up from dangling down as if I didn't have hands. The hem of it reached till the middle of my thighs.

Looking at myself from their eyes, heat flushed my entire body in seconds.

We were both wet and they must think...

Shit!

"I was cold and he had a spare hoodie in his car." I explained to no one in particular.

Jeanette nodded, grabbing us both in the living room. "We were so worried..."

I furrowed my brows. Club meet lie! The deadline!

Shoot me now!

That's I didn't like lying. Because I usually forget that I had lied in the first place.

Alden's chest heaved from the rage which radiated off of him.

He stepped forward and so did I, all ready with a believable lie to tell him when he suddenly held his hand up.

"Don't." He growled, making me shiver.

I glanced at Easton and he was staring at me. No ounce of fear registering on his beautiful face.

"Alden..." I quickly uttered.

"No more lies!" He got in my face, yelling.

His eyes swallowing me, "This is Hannah? Wow! I didn't know she looked like an asshole I know." I bit my lip.

"I know. I'm sorry I lied. I can explain!" I grabbed his arm but he jerked me away and instead grabbed my arm.

Oh god! Alden knew...

From behind, I saw Tabby rush downstairs and towards us.

Alden stopped her and she mouthed sorry to me. I didn't know why she felt like apologizing. I didn't even tell her where I was going.

Easton shoved Alden's strong hold on me, coming between us. The way he stood told me he was ready to fight my brother and I couldn't let that happen. No matter how that made me feel, I knew what was wrong with my brother. He wasn't thinking straight.

He still blamed himself for what happened four years ago.

But it wasn't his fault!

I wrapped my fingers around Easton's wrist. Then stepped forward and stopped Alden from throwing a punch at him.

"Please! Let me explain to you, Alden." I yelled.

His glossy eyes pierced mine. But, I wasn't going to crack.

"Look--"

He shoved Easton so hard and glared at me, "Explain me how you ended up at the street race, almost getting killed?"