Chapter 21 ✅

Chapter Twenty one- The game

"Where have you been?" Jeanette came from behind and linked her arm with mine.

She was wearing her cheer leading uniform. After she quit, and what happened to me at Track, Brianna had apologized to us and asked her to rejoin. Her words were empty of any real emotions but, I knew Jeanette loved cheerleading. So I nudged her a little and she accepted it.

She looked sexy with her pretty brunette hair tied back in a high ponytail, wearing her red and yellow small two piece cheerleading uniform. Her face painted with flawless makeup, her lips glowing red.

"I... I was--"

She pulled in a half hug. "I heard what happened with you and Tabby. Is everything okay?"

I nodded. I wanted to tell. I hadn't been completely a good friend to her. We had been seeing less of each other lately and I didn't know if it was because of me. The guilt of keeping that thing from Easton was growing in me everyday. And then when I was with her more guilt formed in me because I had feelings for her boyfriend. How crazy was this? How do you be just a normal friend with these circumstances?

"Under control." I lied. I missed health class. I walked out of the bathroom and got my shit together. Focusing all my heightened emotions on finding a way for Tabby to see for herself who Arnold truly was.

Jeanette gave me a curt nod. "This is my first cheer after school started. I'm so excited you know!!" She gave out a nervous groan and I laughed.

Draping an arm around her, I smiled. "You'll do amazing."

She beamed and hugged me. "Thank you, Cass! I'm so glad you're here. I didn't think it was your kinda thing or I would have asked you to come myself. I'm sorry."

"No, please. Don't be." I winked at her. "You thought right. I here only because Elliot begged me to come."

She smirked, wiggling her brows at me, "Ooooo. Someone is on a date."

I rolled my eyes ignoring the cold shiver which ran down my spine.

Just then Elliot emerged out of nowhere with Easton and Alden at his side.

I hugged Alden and wished him luck.

Elliot leaned into me, smiling, "Glad you could make it. Now we are definitely winning." Heat tingled all over my skin, and I knew Easton was watching.

I bit my lip and smiled. "Good to know I'll make you guys win."

He laughed, grabbing my hand. What was he doing?

Even my hand started to tingle. I dared a glance at Easton and met his eyes assessing me. A shadow had settled over his face and his eyes turned dark. The tension around us grew thick when I realized even Alden and Jeanette was behaving weird.

Weren't they friends? Or something like that. I thought the awkwardness was gone between them.

A whistle was blown in a distance. Just before Alden could leave with others, Brianna came over and kissed Alden.

Both I and Jeanette gasped. What the?

My mouth went dry. What the hell was Alden thinking?

I shook my head and before I could blink, Elliot leaned in and kissed my cheek, whispering, "See you after the game."

When he pulled away my eyes automatically found Easton's and his jaw was hardened. I knew we had something between us. We both were strangely attracted towards each other-- well I was way beyond crushing maybe even liking. And it was a problem.