Meeting His Brothers

~~

"What?" 

The question was obvious, just like her confusion. After all... Why would a cop want her to join a notorious Gang that the Grandline City PD couldn't stop even if they wanted to? Whitebeard wasn't named one of the four Yonkos for no reason after all. And the Yonkos pretty much controlled Grandline City. 

"Join the Whitebeard Gang." Ace repeated. 

(Y/N) opened her mouth to chide the raven but a harsh knock sounded at the door, someone very clearly slamming their fist on the door. She jolted, her heart beginning to pound. The woman knew exactly who that was. 

Eustass fucking Kid. 

She turned towards the door, feeling a warm hand on her shoulder. She glanced to Ace, a serious expression on his face. 

"I hope you'll say yes, otherwise I won't move a muscle to help you more than I have." he stated. 

"... Yes. I will." she whispered. 

Ace grinning, "I'll deal with the transaction then." he stated, walking over to the door, scooping up the envelope, taking out the money. 

Another harsh knock sounded, Ace looked to (Y/N), or where she had been. Now she was making a beeline to her room, Chopper looking to Ace before following the female dutifully. Ace swung open the door, earning a glare from Kid. 

"Where the fuck is she?" he growled out. 

"You're gonna have to to tell me who "her" is." Ace stated. 

"That-" Killer quickly cut him off before Kid could insult (Y/N). 

"You were turning (Y/N) loose when we got there to pay her bail." Killer stated, hoping this much would deter Kid. 

"I was." Ace stated. 

"Why hang around here, then?" Killer pressed on. 

Ace smirked, handing over the money to Killer. His onyx eyes gleaming with what seemed to be fearless confidence. He chuckled lowly. 

"She's not yours to control, Kid. Especially not know that I have her under my protection, got it?" Ace's words held an implied threat: 'hurt her and you'll pay'. 

The blonde looked to his friend, he was seething and reaching for his gun. Killer simply sighed, "Everything's here, Kid. Her debt is paid in full." With that he turned, Kid grumbling but following him. Ace swung the door shut, turning himself and setting the empty envelope on the counter. 

"Hey, (Y/N)!" he called out. 

Said female peeked her head out of her room, the brown dog happily walking out. (Y/N) followed the dog. 

"That easy?" she mumbled. 

"That easy." Ace confirmed. 

Ace was taken by surprise when the female hugged him tightly, looking down at her as she buried her face in his bare chest. Ace could feel his cheeks heat up, before gently hugging back. 

"Thank you..." she mumbled. 

"Yeah. Anything." he whispered. 

Ace could feel his heart pounding against his rib cage, the tears that began running down (Y/N)'s pretty face made him want to chase after Kid and rip him to pieces that even Smoker couldn't distinguish as once being human. His phone began ringing, startling both Ace and (Y/N), she stepped back with a shy smile. It reminded him of Sabo, he didn't dwell on that thought as he fished his phone out of his pocket and glared at the caller ID but answered nonetheless.