My father is Edward Newgate!

~~

Another week passed. Everything had grown calm and peaceful, (y/n) fell into a routine after moving into the mansion. (y/n) loved it. Loved the peace, but of course, that text hadn't left her mind. Nor did she miss how Ace seemed to linger close, almost as if he scared she would wake up one day and realize he wasn't what she truly wanted. 

That couldn't be more wrong. 

Her routine was causing the female quite a bit of anxiety in all honesty. (y/n) knew that ignoring her mother would lead her father to act and ignoring her father would cause the entire family to act. It was all an insurance plan of sorts. It's why Evelyn, Jo, nor herself ever made the push to disconnect with the family. 

Wake up. Get ready. Go to work. Go home. Spend time with those who were home. Go to sleep. 

But that night was different, instead of the routine text she got from one of her family members... Instead she got a call. The female quickly walking out of her room in her pajama shorts and an over sized shirt she actually stole from Ace. The female made a beeline for the front door from her room, nearly running into the brunette brother in the process. Once outside she answered the call. 

"Mother wanted you here a week ago." 

The voice was masculine, a brother that had grown from a young boy with strong morals and an idealistic way of thinking to someone fully devoted to their mother and uninterested in anything or anyone that didn't line up to the future their mother saw. 

"Jo. Nice of you to call."

(y/n) was always less than pleased to hear from her siblings, because that's when she knew that when she did get around to doing whatever it is that her parents wished her to do, that there'd be severe repercussions. 

"Don't act like this is a social call, Sister." 

"Drop the formalities." 

"Mother is not keen with dropping niceties for traitors, Sister." 

"Of course she isn't. I'll be bringing along someone. I'll make my way there when I can, tell Marilyn that after this... The only parent I have is Whitebeard and I will kill to protect him if need be." 

"Making us your enemy? Not smart, Sister. Goodbye." 

(y/n) heard the beep of the call. Her "loving" brother had hung up first. The female was shaking, she had just said to her very own family... That she would be willing to kill for someone she had just met a few weeks ago. She almost leapt out of her skin when she felt a hand on her shoulder, looking over her shoulder at the calmest of the siblings. 

"How long yoi?" Marco asked. 

"... It's been a week." (y/n)'s voice was quiet, fearful. 

"Not what I meant." Marco muttered. 

"... I'll be leaving tomorrow..." (y/n) whispered. 

"You know Ace will be beside himself with worry yoi." Marco commented. 

"... I planned to ask him if he would come with. It's just a reunion." she was nervous, more than a little. 

"Do you really believe that (y/n)? You're our sister now. He cares, I care, all of us really. Oyaji will come knocking if that "reunion" of yours has you staying much longer than a day." Marco stubbornly stated. 

The female let a faint smile spread across her face, the thought of a father who actually cares.. Of being part of the family.. She loved that thought. A thought, a concept, a hope she didn't dare let herself believe in until recently. (y/n) almost wanted to laugh at the mere idea that all this... It all started with a dog named cat. A dog that never even existed, a dog that Ace had risked his life, reputation, and his disguise to put in place his family's dog so that Smoker couldn't arrest her. It all seemed so stupid to the female. That Ace was the very reason all of this started. And now?