Chapter one: The Day

My mother sang to me, The Dragon's Song every night, until I went to sleep, and told me wonderful stories oh how mighty the fearsome dragons were, there where five types of dragons: the royals;light/dark, the fire, the water, the earth, and ...

      My mother sang to me, The Dragon's Song every night, until I went to sleep, and told me wonderful stories oh how mighty the fearsome dragons were, there where five types of dragons: the royals;light/dark, the fire, the water, the earth, and the air. I always marveled while my mother told me the stories of the mighty dragons, their invincible king, and their caves full of riches. This is the same dream I have every night, and it's time to wake up.

         My back hurts, as it always dose when you sleep on a rock. My room is small, but cozy. My bed is in the far corner, furthest from the door. I have a side table with books and a candle. The foot of my bed has a dresser, and in my opposite corner to my left, I have a small vanity, with a brush and some old, untouched makeup.

         I put on a simple dress, and brush my long, black hair, I look in the mirror, it's dirty, but I can still see myself, I look myself dead in my emerald green eyes, and say in my mind, 'you WILL NOT be picked today!' I then head downstairs for breakfast.