Chaper 6: Transformation

Transforming seems easy enough, but it has been two weeks, and I still haven't been able to transform

Transforming seems easy enough, but it has been two weeks, and I still haven't been able to transform. My mother, Henry, and Lizzy can easily transform, so why can't I? I've done everything the exact same way other dragons have, but I just can't get it.

"You have to do it your way," my father tells me, "doing it the way others do will get you nowhere, find your own way." Find my own way? I've been doing exactly what I've been told my whole life, how am I supposed to just change the way I think in a snap?

I know I can't give up, but this has become harder and harder, father told me that strong emotions can help, but I was always told to hide my emotions, and I got really good at it. Everyone believes in me, I know I can do this! I was destined to do this! I know I can!

Today was just that one extra spark I needed, I was wandering with my nieces, and they fell off a cliff. They couldn't fly, and one didn't have wings! I jumped down, unaware of the consequences, and caught them! I flew up, and landed back on the cliff, staying a dragon.

I carried them back to the castle, and into willow's room, she seemed shocked, and I wouldn't blame her. Now, I need to learn how use my breath, and since I'm a dark dragon, my mother needs to help me with that.