How I met her

DisclaimerPlease be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories

Disclaimer
Please be very careful with what comments you leave on my stories. If it's any way hurtful or offensive to me or any of my readers, I won't hesitate to block you. I work hard writing my stories and I refuse to let 'Karens' lambaste my hard work. Be negative somewhere else.

Christian trained his gaze on the women coming in the conference room and settling on their designated seats around the table. He was pledged a dozen flirty smiles and appreciative glances here and there. Up on his floor to his office, his team would've probably trade football tickets to be in his shoes right now – surrounded by women equipped for flirtatious deeds.

No surprise there. They run a magazine dedicated just about those deeds. Sassy, however, is not different to Bachelor. Except they approach the topics testosterone style. Plus, the presentation boards crowding the room plastered with perfume, lingerie and cosmetic ads is a far cry from what they operate up there. He doesn't mind it though.

Oh, and the women too.

A clearing of throat snaps him out of his train of thought. He spun his chair in the direction of Sassy's stoic boss. Audrey Danler has been the editor in chief of Sassy – sometimes partner and rival to Bachelor – longer than he acquired the position to his magazine. They have known each other and never once had he seen her less collected. There were rumors going around that she was dating his older brother Vren Parkinson.

"So, I heard you and my brother are dating. That true?" He leans to her ear.

Audrey cuts him a vacant look. He was used to her stiff poker face. It would've ward off some of the interns, but no, not Christian Parkinson. Her blonde hair is always a neat bun on her head, her eyes reserved and her entire demeanor screamed "reticent." It is a wonder how his brother made her bat an eye at him.

He chuckled. "I take that as a yes."

Christian is third of six siblings. Their happily married oldest brother, Cade is a renowned entrepreneur in Finance. A recluse, yes, but Christian blames it on his IQ. Vren runs top-notch hotels that eventually branched out into growing chains of luxurious hotels and resorts as quickly as his flings. And there was Christian, former soccer player who ended up behind a desk at a high-rise building. He used to play the field – he still does. Well, in an informal sense of the words now. He's been told he's a player – off field. And he doesn't bother to deny that. Not to gloat over his long lists of exploits though.

Then came his charitable younger brother, Matthew. He had charities as Christian had strings of flings. Matthew finished a degree in the medical field, even graduated with flying colors. Medical conferences keep him away from home. Which is good because he tends to make Christian look worse than his reputation. There wasn't any rivalry. There was just his heart as golden as their mother's.

But on the bright side, Christian made his brothers look better next to him. He's worse than his brother Vren, therefore a little less labeled the heartbreaker. He's worse than Matthew, therefore he was the one brother with the shimmering halo.