O16.5: 𝙎𝙥𝙡𝙞𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙘

DO YOU FEEL
THE LOVE ?

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

nakanishi kouta - thoughts pov
My name is Nakanishi Kouta. I was an ordinary employee at a certain publisher. I met Midori one year after I entered that company. Around that time, I wasn't yet confident of myself at my new job. She was working at a café near my company at the time. "Welcome!" She would smile at me as soon as I entered. I went to that cafe often and we got close. She would just smile and listen as I let out my worries and complaints. I became attracted to her. So I mustered up my courage and proposed to her. Her first husband had passed away and she had a child, but I wanted to support both her and her child.

But one month later, I suddenly got fired from my work. I fell into despair and she took her child and left. "I want her to see... What I've accomplished in these past two years! That's why today's performance means so much to me!"

~

saiki kusuo
All three were in the magician's waiting room, as he went on about his memories. The story was, somewhat beautiful, and brought tears to y/n's eyes. Saiki rolled his eyes though, knowing y/n didn't really mean it. 'Okay, I get that much. But in the end, this Midori, well... didn't come, right?' He questioned to the elder.

"Oh? What's this?" Another person was in the room, playing with a fake knife where the blade pushed in and out. "This knife is cool bro." Nendou nodded. 'Instead we just got this idiot here, right?' Saiki slouched his shoulders. 'You're not ready for this plot twist.' y/n budged in, behind Saiki. 'What do you mean by that?' He raised a brow, unsure of what she meant. He couldn't read her mind, so everything was a mystery about her.

"Hey, Riki! Don't go touching things without asking first." A female voice boomed out from the door. "Midori! So you came!" Chouno cried, running over to greet her. 'You can't be serious...' Saiki looked over to y/n with blank eyes. 'I told you...' y/n laughed nervously, patting his shoulder gently.

"It's been a while, Kou." Nendou's mother smiled gently. She looked exactly like Nendou, except with scars on both eyes and different hair. 'What was that recollection from earlier about?!' Saiki imagined an average looking woman from Chouno's memory, not someone who looked exactly like Nendou. "Master! Master's assistant! Let me introduce her to you." Chouno ushered her towards the two wary students.

'This turn of events is so sudden it's giving me whiplash.' Saiki deadpanned. It was difficult for y/n to keep her giggles in. "This is my wife Midori!" He introduced with proudness. "Ex-wife, that is." Midori corrected. 'This is becoming too much for me.' The experience with stage magic, y/n in a bunny suit, Nendou's sudden visit and now Midori is the wife? This all felt like a fever dream to Saiki. 'I'm... sure we can get through this.' y/n played around with her clammy hands, nervously.

"Hey, you guys kinda look familiar." Nendou suddenly spoke, walking up to the two. 'Shoot!' Saiki turned, staring back at his friend. "No- your glasses are different. You had me thinking that you were my pal, Saiki." Nendou rubbed his chin. He then went to y/n inspecting her a little closer. "Hm... Never mind, my friend y/n doesn't have bunny ears, so you can't be her either." Nendou shook it off. 'Good thing that he's reliably dumb.' Saiki let out a breath of relief.

'I've had enough, I'm going home already.' Saiki shook his head, now walking the other way. "Where're you going Saichael? The second half of the show will start soon." Chouno asked, watching him almost go through the door. 'There's more?' He stopped. 'Of course there's more idiot, we only did like two other tricks.'
y/n clicked her tongue, looking in the mirror to fix up her make up.