Part 8

As Khushi got out of the car, she was spell bound with the beauty that was Raizada Mansion. The entire place was lit up with fairy lights and diyas. As she reached inside, she was greeted y an over enthusiastic Anjali. After another round of hugs and wishes, Khushi gave her the diamond necklace that her mother had handpicked for her. Before Anjali could refuse, a group of people came together at the same time. Anjali made the introductions.

"This is my mother Ratna Raizada, my Dadi Devyani Raizada, my Chachi's son and daughter-in-law Akash and Payal

"This is my mother Ratna Raizada, my Dadi Devyani Raizada, my Chachi's son and daughter-in-law Akash and Payal."

Khushi politely greeted the elders with folded hands and the couple with a warm 'Hello'. The ladies gave her a motherly feeling. Akash looked like Arnav a lot with the exception that he wore spectacles. His wife Payal was a quiet beauty.

"Hello Hi Bye Bye. Introduce us too Anjali bitiya!", a loud voice interrupted before Anjali could introduce Khushi.

 Introduce us too Anjali bitiya!", a loud voice interrupted before Anjali could introduce Khushi

Khushi turned around and immediately wished she hadn't. She was blinded by a very bright sight. The woman was dressed in every colour that existed in the world. The problem was that all the colours were neon. And if that was not enough, her jewellery would easily have been half of her weight. The man accompanying her was a complete contrast to her.

With fond laughter in her voice, Anjali put her hand around the bulky woman and said "Khushi meet my lovely Chachi Manorma Raizada and Chacha Manohar Raizada. Everyone this is Khushi Kumari Gupta."

"Shashi Gupta's daughter?"

"Ji haan.", Khushi smiled.

If the Raizadas were shocked to see their rival's daughter in their home, they masked it very well. But the mask slipped as they heard their guest's next words.

"Where is Arnav?", Khushi inquired unaware of the number of Raizada heads that snapped at her at lightning speed.

"BHAT ? Humre Arnab bitwa?!!", Manorma spoke her eyes widening.

"You know Bhai?", asked a shell-shocked Akash.

Only three people were calm – Anjali, Ratna and Dadi.