Part 20

Nandkishore Sweets was written in red on the box in Khushi's hands. It had been Garima's upbringing ever since Khushi could remember. Always take sweets when visiting relatives, she would say while feeding a small Khushi. And here she was, all dressed in a red salwar suit, gathering her nerves before ringing the doorbell of Raizada Mansion.

 And here she was, all dressed in a red salwar suit, gathering her nerves before ringing the doorbell of Raizada Mansion

What's the big deal Khushi? It's just a meeting, she breathed in and out. Finally, she pressed the bell – shoving any thoughts of making a run for it firmly in the back of her mind. She was greeted by Hari Prakash who led her into the living room. From the voices floating in, she could make out that most of the Raizada clan was there.

"Arnav bitwa do you think she will believe us?", a worried Manorama asked, frown lines marring her made up face.

"She will have to.", Anjali said firmly.

"Namaste Di, Aunty.", Khushi smiled walking into their vision.

"Arey Khushi you are here!", Anjali smiled worriedly.

"These are for you.", Khushi hugged her handing her the sweets.

"Two boxes?", Ratna asked getting up to meet Khushi.

"Namaste Aunty. The small one is for Arnav. Sugarless sweets. These are very famous Lucknowi sweets. Maa said you'll love them!", Khushi greeted her with folded hands.

It would suffice to say that if Ratna Raizada had been a priest, she would have declared Khushi and Arnav man and wife there itself.

Before she could ask where was Arnav, a husky voice breathed a 'Hi' in her ear from behind. 

Turning around she found the cure to her Arnav-less-ness! There stood the man himself casually leaning against a pillar, smirking.

"Bhabhi leave all that. Khushi Bitiya listen we need to talk to you.", Manorama dragged a confused Khushi to sit on the sofa.

"Yes. Sure."

"Dekho Khushi Bitiya my Arnav Bitwaa is not a playboy.", Manorama stated firmly in a tone that brooked no argument.

Of all the ways Khushi had imagined being greeted by Arnav's family, this had not been on the list!

"JI?"

"Haan Khushi ji Bhai has never been associated with any woman before. I can assure you he is not that kind of a guy.", Akash had walked in on the scene now with Payal.

"But when did I..."

"Arnav Bhai is a righteous man Khushi ji.", Payal added her two cents.