Chapter |19| First Touches

Ryder's breathing was still heavy and the only thing filling up this awkward silence

Ryder's breathing was still heavy and the only thing filling up this awkward silence. Neither us of have mentioned a word to each other, since we've been in the car.

To be honest, I'm scared to speak. He's so angry right now and the last thing I want is to tip him over the edge but then again, I can't let this continue.

Ryder parks outside the Olivia Garden and turns off the engine. He takes a few deep breaths and then moves to open the door but I place my arm on his shoulder to stop him.

"Ryder, let's talk. Please." He nods, still completely silent though.

"Thank you for saving me back there. I know you're angry right now and you've probably figured out that he was my crush that Ash mentioned earlier but there's nothing between us. In fact he only wanted me because I'm a virgin, my dad's Caleb Jackson so screwing me would be a great score and to get revenge on Ash." The reminder of his earlier words made me grimace and Ryder's hard exterior cracked slightly.

"I'm sorry as well for ignoring you. I'm just so angry. When I saw him touching you and holding like that, I saw red. I wanted to kill the bastard, I still do but I know I can't." I placed my hand on top of his and gently rubbed it.

"Just a two more days of school and it's just me and you. We can go anywhere. I can give you your own personal tour of London." He belched out a laugh and then tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"I would love that gorgeous." He leaned in and brushed his lips against mine. The kiss was sweet and short but it was all I needed.

"Come on, let's eat." Ryder had already made a reservation, apparently my mum recommended the place, and like usual she was right, the place was amazing.

We were seated immediately and we had our own private booth right at the back. Ryder ordered for us and he had a shot of whiskey, whilst I had a lemonade since I've still got to go back to school after this.

We cheered to us and the future and made small talk about my lessons and exams, before the main meal came.

"Ryder, I just realised that although we know somethings about each other, we don't know a lot. I mean, I don't even know when your birthday is." I gaped, making a husky chuckle come out of his mouth. He wiped his mouth with a napkin, before throwing it on his already clear plate, meanwhile I still had half a moussaka left.

"Okay then, how about this? We each ask one question that we both answer." I nodded, I mean it seemed simple enough.

"Okay birthday, mine is June 5th." Huh, I would have pegged him as a December baby.

"March 17th. Favourite colour. Pink." Classic cliche I know but it looks fucking good on me.

"Black." I gave him a look, knowing that wasn't his real answer and he sighed.